Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sky box up the shoot

Bert365

May 7, 2006
Our sky box has a crackling sound.tried the turn it off and on again but failed. So phoned Sky up and they told me it would cost 55quid for a skyman to come and look

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
If you haven't got HD, now might be the time to take up their free box offer. Mind you, you will need an HD TV

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well you have to pay an extra £10 a month in your subscription for HD but it is worth it imho

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Have a look to see if you have a local 'Freecycle' in your area. I'm sure you will have.

This is a site set up to stop stuff going to land fill. As people up-grade to HD, they often give away old working Sky boxes.

liverpool_one

Feb 12, 2004
Liverpool, United Kingdom
ring them and say that you want to cancel your subscription cos you can no longer view what you are paying for and are going over to virgin.
they will then send you a box out for free.
if at first they say ok, play hardball and let them put you through to cancelations who will then offer you a free box.
done this 3 times now.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
ring them and say that you want to cancel your subscription cos you can no longer view what you are paying for and are going over to virgin.
they will then send you a box out for free.
if at first they say ok, play hardball and let them put you through to cancelations who will then offer you a free box.
done this 3 times now.

Typical Scouse - something for nothing!:laugh:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Thats what happened to ours, we just bought a good condition second hand one off ebay - you have to ring sky when it arrives to switch your card to the new box and hey presto, a £20 sky box from ebay and problem solved...

We contemplated HD but we're paying near £40 to watch the idiot box a month, pushing that up to £50 is more than we think is worth it for us...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here