Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky Bet. Who's been hammering us?

deakers

Jul 15, 2008
Now 14/1 from 25/1 to win the Championship.
Ahead of Blackpool (16), Ipswich (16) & Leeds (20) to name but a few.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
seems fair to me , i mean a week into the close season we have a team consisting of Owen , Heskey , Beckam , Phillips , Bothroyd , Simon Cox , somebody called Hoskins ???? a likely story , im guessing somebody at some point will tell Gus that we are a bit short of defenders at the mo and Rio will next on the list .

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
seems fair to me , i mean a week into the close season we have a team consisting of Owen , Heskey , Beckam , Phillips , Bothroyd , Simon Cox , somebody called Hoskins ???? a likely story , im guessing somebody at some point will tell Gus that we are a bit short of defenders at the mo and Rio will next on the list .

:lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
14-1 is laughable imo, the aura of Gus has them all running scared.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
no way will blackpool go up again so its fair for us to be ahead of them in the betting in my opinion

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
30 million in parachute payments + another 10-15 for Charlie Adam ?

doesnt mean they will go back up again. I can imagine Oysten being the kind of chairman that will be "carefull" in using that money. I just see them being one of those clubs that tumble.

They will also get no more than 8m for Adam.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
But if the money is used sensibly could be challenging for playoffs - they have been sensible with wages this year.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Could be...... i just dont think they will. In fact im certain they will finish in the bottom half. Relegation can have a huge mental effect on the club and that includes Brum and West ham. What Newcastle done well the year before is keep premiership players such as Harper, Taylor, Guthrie, Nolan, Carroll and Barton at the club to ensure they went back up. But Blackpool simply wont keep the likes of Adam and DJ Campbell.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

you forgot Hargreaves and Scholes

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Have just signed up to Paddy Power and they give you a £50 free bet by matching your first bet. So £25 each way on the Albion to win the Championship next season @ 25/1 becomes £50 each way. YAY!

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
The tiniest bet would be enough to shift the odds at this point, very few bookies are up so they're just groping their way.
SkyBet are notoriously nervous anyway. I tried to have 20 quid on a 12-1 chance with them the other day and they said I could have £1.60.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
Could be...... i just dont think they will. In fact im certain they will finish in the bottom half. Relegation can have a huge mental effect on the club and that includes Brum and West ham. What Newcastle done well the year before is keep premiership players such as Harper, Taylor, Guthrie, Nolan, Carroll and Barton at the club to ensure they went back up. But Blackpool simply wont keep the likes of Adam and DJ Campbell.

with newcastle though no other clubs wanted those players

not with there wages

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Have just signed up to Paddy Power and they give you a £50 free bet by matching your first bet. So £25 each way on the Albion to win the Championship next season @ 25/1 becomes £50 each way. YAY!

:thumbsup: I took the 25s with PP the other day.
Don't think we'll be any bigger, if we are I'll have some more on!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The tiniest bet would be enough to shift the odds at this point, very few bookies are up so they're just groping their way.
SkyBet are notoriously nervous anyway. I tried to have 20 quid on a 12-1 chance with them the other day and they said I could have £1.60.

I think you've burnt their fingers before though :wink:

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
with newcastle though no other clubs wanted those players

not with there wages

Exactly hence they kept them and went up. Blackpool players wont be on big wages and therefore get picked up by other clubs. Think we are singing from the same hymm-sheet!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here