Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sky bet table prediction

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Spurs and Chelsea are both a shambles.

Spurs have no business being 7th favourites. They will likely lose Harry Kane and apart from him they are useless. I think they've recruited a good manager but their squad is awful.

Chelsea have got too many players to keep happy and I'm not convinced by Poch to be honest. Regardless, I think that job will take anyone at least 2 seasons to sort out. Until then, it's midtable for them IMO.

well i predict Welbeck, Milner, Lallana will all get crocked during the season and we'll be playing with one hand tied behind our backs in the Europa...
What will be interesting, say assuming our league position dips below midtable is whether RDZ would play a second string team in Europe...Difficult choice,..play your best players to maintain league position or risk them in European games. You could argue no point trying to finish top 7 next season if we diss the tournament in favour of EPL position...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Does 8th get Conference League, next season? ( assuming cups are won by a top 6 team)
No (though that might change if the CL holders, Manchester City, fail to finish in a CL qualifying position - and I'm not even sure about that. Not that that's anything but a hypothetical situation anyway, eh?)

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The bookies rarely get these sorts of things wrong and will make money hand over fist with hundreds of thousands of blind love punters putting a fiver on their team,then they just pay out the odds on loot to the winners. Nice work if you can get it.

It would have to be simply remarkable for us to better this season after the poachers have taken their spoils.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Absolutely impossible to say. If Spurs lose Kane they're a mid table team.
If they get lucky and have the unwitting help of officials. Without Kane’s goals, they were relegation material last season.

I’ve added it up. His goals got them 27 points last season. Astonishing. Without him, they’d surely have been relegated on 33 points.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Not to be negative but I think people are underestimating the impact of playing a minimum of six additional midweek games. We saw what happened towards the end of the season, we were running on fumes and we will have that again pre Xmas in the busiest period of the season. The squad will be stretched to its limits.

I would take top half and a good Europa league run in a heartbeat. The idea of top six again frankly I think is almost impossible.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Not to be negative but I think people are underestimating the impact of playing a minimum of six additional midweek games. We saw what happened towards the end of the season, we were running on fumes and we will have that again pre Xmas in the busiest period of the season. The squad will be stretched to its limits.

I would take top half and a good Europa league run in a heartbeat. The idea of top six again frankly I think is almost impossible.
Yes we struggled towards the end of the season but it was the perfect storm of trying to squeeze games in and a horrible run of injuries. We couldn’t have known that our end of season would require what was basically a game every 3/4 days.

This time round we know we’ve got the extra games so have time to prepare for that now and expand the squad as necessary.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
The bookies rarely get these sorts of things wrong and will make money hand over fist with hundreds of thousands of blind love punters putting a fiver on their team,then they just pay out the odds on loot to the winners. Nice work if you can get it.

It would have to be simply remarkable for us to better this season after the poachers have taken their spoils.
It'll be remarkable enough if we match this season, never mind improving on it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here