Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky Bet Championship Crowds: Albion pip Leeds, Derby, Forest & Foxes

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What a shit Leeds-obsessed article. Christ, does EVERYTHING have to be compared to Leeds ?? They're just another Championship club, have been for donkeys, and will continue to be so for the forseeable.

As an aside, all the while the Amex was being planned/built, I seem to recall the required break-even figure for crowds being quoted by the club as needing to be in the region of 12,000. We've almost tripled that, yet we're still a long, long, long way from breaking even.

I suppose the club was basing it on a Gus-less L1 wagebill at the time. The numbers were certainly WAY out though.

The break even figure of 12k crowds was based on the stadium costing £54M to complete. By the time construction started I understand the price of steel had doubled from the original estimate which gave the often quoted £93M figure. TB decided to up the spec before the stadium opened. With the extra 8,000 seats going in the final cost must be close to £120M.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Article has to be written by an American. No one talks in those terms about football clubs and fans, 'the owls of Sheffield Wednesday'???

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Data is all lies!

Clubs only report season tickets plus seats sold, not turnstile clicks.

Does NOT represent bums on seats.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
The break even figure of 12k crowds was based on the stadium costing £54M to complete. By the time construction started I understand the price of steel had doubled from the original estimate which gave the often quoted £93M figure. TB decided to up the spec before the stadium opened. With the extra 8,000 seats going in the final cost must be close to £120M.

The cost of the steel can't be blamed for adding £40M to the project. It's important you compare like for like and the £54M probably didn't include all the infrastructure related costs that the club have had to pay. Having said that the club tendered the project at a point when tender costs were at their highest before we had the construction industry recession. Unlucky timing for the club but fortunate for the Contractor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here