Sky Anytime

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
If you have to pay money to get it its probably not really worth doing, it costs me nothing as I have unlimited broadband and just pluged the sky box into my router so I upgraded Anytime to Anytime +. I wouldn't do it wirelessly as wired is so much quicker to download the stuff that's not already there. I think its fairly unknown that anybody can get it now as even the online info says you still need to be a sky broadband customer.

Whats the difference between Anytime and Anytime+? Do you have to have an HD subscription. Not sure its worth it on my 6 year old Plasma to be honest

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Sky anytime + is actually really good. I've got sky broadband and sky HD and a cable between the router and sky box. It was free, and easy to set up. Lots of stuff on demand, most of it free. Would definately recommend it.

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
Yep, set it up about a month ago and have used it to catch up on quite a few series that I'd missed originally. Easy to set up and free, whats not to like ?

Sent from my brain using the power of my fingers

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Yeah sounds great. Only reason for my enquiry re the wireless option is because my router and sky box are on opposite sides of the room and no option to hide an ethernet cable really???...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Whats the difference between Anytime and Anytime+? Do you have to have an HD subscription. Not sure its worth it on my 6 year old Plasma to be honest

Anytime you get a choice of programmes which are then updated every so often, anytime + gives a massive choice, much of which is free. Anytime is downloaded through your dish onto your hard disk, with + some is on your hard disc everything else you download through your broadband. Once 1-2% has been downloaded you can start watching it while the rest is downloaded. I think its available to anybody but I have HD sub anyway. Everything is in SD I think as HD is a much bigger file to download.

You probably need unlimited broadband otherwise you could use up your monthly allowance quite quickly. Its good for whole series such as The Sopranos, my daughter is going through Cold Feet at the moment - I'm about to start The Wire as I never watched it originally.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Yeah sounds great. Only reason for my enquiry re the wireless option is because my router and sky box are on opposite sides of the room and no option to hide an ethernet cable really???...

You will need a dongle to put in your sky box to go wireless

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
You will need a dongle to put in your sky box to go wireless

Oh ok i see, is it more on your monthly subscription? And is it worth it? (i am fully aware i could just look on Sky's website but i'm lazy and still haven't got in the shower yet and will blatantly be late for work........)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Oh ok i see, is it more on your monthly subscription? And is it worth it? (i am fully aware i could just look on Sky's website but i'm lazy and still haven't got in the shower yet and will blatantly be late for work........)

Its free and is better than Anytime so yes it is worth it - although you will probably be limited to the channels in your subscription, I subscribe to everything so not 1000% sure about that bit.

The Giant Bolster

Apr 18, 2012
I tried this Wednesday night, as I didn't realise it was available to anyone who is not on Sky Broadband - I'm on O2 broadband.
So I set up the ethernet cable from my o2 router to the sky hd box - nothing happens. Called Sky - they added Anytime+ onto my subscription, tried again last night - still nothing. Is anyone able here able to help me out? Don't really want to spend more money caling up sky.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Its free and is better than Anytime so yes it is worth it - although you will probably be limited to the channels in your subscription, I subscribe to everything so not 1000% sure about that bit.

Ok sounds good, i've got everything except for movies so i should be ok.

I'll give them a call later, so basically it works off my house Wi Fi then, which is with Sky aswell

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
I tried this Wednesday night, as I didn't realise it was available to anyone who is not on Sky Broadband - I'm on O2 broadband.
So I set up the ethernet cable from my o2 router to the sky hd box - nothing happens. Called Sky - they added Anytime+ onto my subscription, tried again last night - still nothing. Is anyone able here able to help me out? Don't really want to spend more money caling up sky.

You have to enable Anytime+ on the settings tab on your Sky HD box.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Ok sounds good, i've got everything except for movies so i should be ok.

I'll give them a call later, so basically it works off my house Wi Fi then, which is with Sky aswell

It won't work off your wifi because it either has to be hard wired to the router or have a wifi connector fitted, (Sky sell one for £60!). I use Homeplugs through the house electric supply and that works fine too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports