Skinheads to invade Brighton again !

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Attachments

• ct_britn_stion_d01_300h250w.jpg
    ct_britn_stion_d01_300h250w.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 405

Feb 14, 2010
I was a skinhead in the late sixties, and say that to people now, particularly in mainland Europe, and they look at you with horror and disgust, so you need to explain quite a bit....as i remember, most of the most of the working class youth on our estate except for a few of weirdo's who we called 'rockers' if they had any sort of motorbike... and a few of what I would call 'hippies' that tended to come from the better off families, or parents were teachers or something....we even had a black guy in our little crew, with the innocuous name of Adrian... I even remember wearing a prince of wales suit at one point..no wonder my father was pissing himself laughing everytime he saw me..

Setting up to support Desmond Dekker the first time in the 80s was a scary experience.. suddenly realised the place was FULL of skinheads..expected a few, but not an entire audience....but it was normal apparently..

Yes, the entire skinhead fashion got hijacked by the NF/ BNP and it never recovered from there. The ultimate irony always was that skinhead music originally was Desmond Decker and the old school Jamaican ska / reggae. Brighton & Hove Albion always used to have a large skinhead as well as Mod & punk following, well before the kids grew their hair and started to wear pringle jumpers and shout Aciiiid!

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Apparently on Friday May 31st until Sunday 2nd June

Should be interesting to say the least on West Street during the balmy Sping nights :catfight:

The biggest gathering of Skinheads in the UK annual event. takes place over a full weekend in Brighton England, the birthplace of the Skinhead culture in the 1960′s. Going from strength to strength. Please take this oppertunity to secure early bird tickets. There will be a full weekend of entertainment and frolics, bang on Brighton seafront. check out last years event for the idea, if you havent yet been.

Anyone go to the last one ?

The Millwall game was weeks ago!

OI!!! OI!!! OI!!!

Symond

Mar 13, 2013
you can get tickets for this from subcultz, there are skinheads and ex skinheads coming to brghton from all over the uk and europe, locals seagulls fans peter and the test tube babies will be playing as well as too many crooks, plus thommo from madness is doing a dj set. if any of you would like to write something up for the website about anything to do with subcultures go ahead. see you at the bar, 31st may `2ns june

Symond

Mar 13, 2013
the skinhead reunion has a lot of the uk's top ska /reggae dj's last year roy ellis played, this year we have several bands, thommo from madness. we are very consciously ridding the race politics out of the scene entirely, it was a curse, promoted mainly by the media during the 80's

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here