Skinheads to invade Brighton again !

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I'm waiting for this
hippies55.jpg

A couple of those hippies only have half a face - do they suffer from some sort of hippie disease?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Through no fault of my own i am now a skinhead but will not be attending as some twit made off with my 16 hole Dr Martens after the game v Blackpool at the goldstone , and replaced them with a cheap pair of Curtis Monkey boots

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I was a skinhead in the late sixties, and say that to people now, particularly in mainland Europe, and they look at you with horror and disgust, so you need to explain quite a bit....as i remember, most of the most of the working class youth on our estate except for a few of weirdo's who we called 'rockers' if they had any sort of motorbike... and a few of what I would call 'hippies' that tended to come from the better off families, or parents were teachers or something....we even had a black guy in our little crew, with the innocuous name of Adrian... I even remember wearing a prince of wales suit at one point..no wonder my father was pissing himself laughing everytime he saw me..

Setting up to support Desmond Dekker the first time in the 80s was a scary experience.. suddenly realised the place was FULL of skinheads..expected a few, but not an entire audience....but it was normal apparently..

Jan 30, 2008
Apparently on Friday May 31st until Sunday 2nd June

Should be interesting to say the least on West Street during the balmy Sping nights :catfight:

The biggest gathering of Skinheads in the UK annual event. takes place over a full weekend in Brighton England, the birthplace of the Skinhead culture in the 1960′s. Going from strength to strength. Please take this oppertunity to secure early bird tickets. There will be a full weekend of entertainment and frolics, bang on Brighton seafront. check out last years event for the idea, if you havent yet been.

Anyone go to the last one ?
have you got the picture of the Brighton skins outside the railway bell circa 1980 ( well known photo) :whistle:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I was a skinhead in the late sixties, and say that to people now, particularly in mainland Europe, and they look at you with horror and disgust, so you need to explain quite a bit....as i remember, most of the most of the working class youth on our estate except for a few of weirdo's who we called 'rockers' if they had any sort of motorbike... and a few of what I would call 'hippies' that tended to come from the better off families, or parents were teachers or something....we even had a black guy in our little crew, with the innocuous name of Adrian... I even remember wearing a prince of wales suit at one point..no wonder my father was pissing himself laughing everytime he saw me..

Setting up to support Desmond Dekker the first time in the 80s was a scary experience.. suddenly realised the place was FULL of skinheads..expected a few, but not an entire audience....but it was normal apparently..

Saw the Skatalites in Gothenburg a good few years back, and it was tottaly full of picture postcard Swedish skinheads all dressed perfectly, chewing tobacco and leaping around like loons.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Maybe they 'tour'? haha... Yeah, same experience...all identical.... fred perry, braces, jeans and boots..and a good few of them, huge, and terrifying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports