Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Skiing / Snowboarding this year...?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Has anyone been away so far this year?

Im off to Chamonix on the 5th Feb, cant bloody wait, although the snow looks a bit shit at the moment. :angry:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Was gonna go late jan but now delayed until march so I can save more cash and go somewhere decent, fancy chamonix myself or avoriaz

ballboys

Feb 23, 2009
Off to Bulgaria in February for a cheapy! Normally do France or Canada but still looking forward to it!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Chamonix is my favourite resort. I've been about 5 times, I love the place as I'm sure you will. I'm off to Austria, exact location is still be discussed.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Was gonna go late jan but now delayed until march so I can save more cash and go somewhere decent, fancy chamonix myself or avoriaz

Off to avoriaz myself in a few weeks. Have been avoiding the snow report so far as dont want to depress myself if its not great.....but then again if I looked and the snow report was great, id get really excited.....but then again if I looked and it was not.......repeat until I return to think about the Elliot Bennett saga

larus

In Meribel at moment. Snow conditions OK on higher pistes, but either icy or slushy on the lower/resort runs. Need some more snow, but doesn't look hopeful for this week. Back again in March for another week, so hopefully it's gonna be good then.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Can't afford it this year - again :rant: Thats two years on the bounce I've missed it, but woe betide me if I suggest we forego a summer a holiday instead.

eggshell blonde

Oct 21, 2007
Portslade
Went to Meribele early season (week before xmas) and was bloody lucky with the snowfall. Plenty of powder.
Had a great time......bloody jealous - want to go again.

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
am living out in austria. Snow is ok right now and a bit due.

anyone know how I get to see the bha goals while out of the country for free?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I've spent the last 9 winter seasons living and working in the French Alps but can't even afford a weeks self catering this year! Finding it a bit tough,The plus side for not being there is I get to see the Albion a whole lot more than a couple of games at either end of the season :thumbsup:

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Off to Bulgaria in February for a cheapy! Normally do France or Canada but still looking forward to it!

Friend of mine went to Bulgaria a few years ago for a 'cheapy'.
The lift system frightened him so much he decided not to go up for the last 2 days?
He was convinced there was a major accident waiting to happen?
I hope they've installed new lifts since he went!

Capricorn

Aug 14, 2010
Perth, Australia
I've never been skiing or snowboarding before but I'm off to New Zealand next year and was planning to give it a go. I'm going to be getting a beginners package which consists off full day hire of boots and skiis/snowboard, and also a begginers lesson. Just wondering, is it recommended to do skiing first or doesn't it really matter whether you start with snowboarding? I think I like the idea of snowboarding more, but if it means i'll be spending most of the day on my arse I think i'll just do skking.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
off to Saas Fee at end of month. First time in a while plus first time for the kids. Better snow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here