Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ski Wear

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Does anybody know where I can get reasonably priced ski stuff? I've looked on some websites, but it would be good to know about some shops so I can try the stuff on. Thanks..

:cheery:

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Brilliant, thanks.

What are the prices like in Free Spirit do you know? Obviously skiing stuff is expensive but I can't afford to pay £150 or something for a jacket, which places like Edge 2 Edge seem to be charging.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Free Spirit is NOT cheap. A mat eo fmine actually got some nice ski gear from TK Maxx, I know its a bit pikey but gotta be worth a go if you want cheap price.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Brilliant, thanks.

What are the prices like in Free Spirit do you know? Obviously skiing stuff is expensive but I can't afford to pay £150 or something for a jacket, which places like Edge 2 Edge seem to be charging.

NOt sure, its not the cheapest as its all labels in there. There is always a sale there. Always seems to be more stuff on girls clothes than boys.

Maybe try Blacks at the bottom end of North Street?

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Free Spirit is NOT cheap. A mat eo fmine actually got some nice ski gear from TK Maxx, I know its a bit pikey but gotta be worth a go if you want cheap price.

Yeah it does seem the best one for cheaper stuff, I've tried there but clothes seemed to be a bit molly. I might go again another time, might have different stuff in. Fingers crossed anyway....

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Right, PLEASE take my word for this: go to Decathlon. It's a dead cheap French chain of massive sports supermarkets that sell everything. Annoyingly, there aren't many of them around in the UK: there's one at Canada Water in London, another one near Ikea at Lakeside, 2-3 up north. But the ski gear isn't bad at all and it's cheap as anything.

A mate of mine bought 2-3 fleeces, snow boots, ski jacket, ski gloves, ski troosers, 3-4 pairs of ski socks/tubes - and that whole lot came to about £100-120, no more than that. And it's good stuff too that lasts well too - my 2-3 year old ski jacket from there does good service at Withdean still. Can't recommend the place highly enough.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Great thanks for the advice. How are the actual clothes themselves, looks wise, do they do stylish bits or is it weird?

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
Milletts Western Road have a sale on, good stuff although not a huge choice. Very good value for money tho

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Right, PLEASE take my word for this: go to Decathlon. It's a dead cheap French chain of massive sports supermarkets that sell everything. Annoyingly, there aren't many of them around in the UK: there's one at Canada Water in London, another one near Ikea at Lakeside, 2-3 up north. But the ski gear isn't bad at all and it's cheap as anything.

A mate of mine bought 2-3 fleeces, snow boots, ski jacket, ski gloves, ski troosers, 3-4 pairs of ski socks/tubes - and that whole lot came to about £100-120, no more than that. And it's good stuff too that lasts well too - my 2-3 year old ski jacket from there does good service at Withdean still. Can't recommend the place highly enough.

is the right answer for own brand decathlon stuff. it's pretty damn good.

the place near donatellos is called snow & rock. good range, not cheap.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Great thanks for the advice. How are the actual clothes themselves, looks wise, do they do stylish bits or is it weird?

I didn't inspect the ladies' range that closely (not until they were wearing it on the slopes...) but nothing weird-looking about it, from what I saw.

Check it out: Decathlon - Ski Snowboard

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Matalan does ski stuff

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy

I agree. It's not the height of fashion, but their own brand stuff is all pretty normal looking. I bought all my skiing gear from there and it's still going strong four years later.

I'd especially recommend buying from somewhere like this if you're a novice skier; that way you don't fork out loads of money for stuff you might not wear much if you don't take to skiing.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
A quick trip down the A27/M27 Jct 11 will get you to Whitley Village outlet site. For two or three reasonably inexpensive shops full of flair ski kit.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'd especially recommend buying from somewhere like this if you're a novice skier; that way you don't fork out loads of money for stuff you might not wear much if you don't take to skiing.

Excellent point there. For my first ski trip I begged, borrowed and stole stuff. It's not cheap to fork out on if you're a first timer and it turns out you don't enjoy it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here