Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ski 2013

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
All my fav places

Can I come? :down:

P.S. Must Must see show in Vegas .... "O" at Bellagio

I really hope it happens, as it will be the holiday of a lifetime. I just need to get my friend 100% confirmed, see what freebies (hotels, life pass, ski hire etc) I can blag through work and then just book it.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I really hope it happens, as it will be the holiday of a lifetime. I just need to get my friend 100% confirmed, see what freebies (hotels, life pass, ski hire etc) I can blag through work and then just book it.

Well lucky you ... I lived out that way and know it all well so if it happens and you want any of the normal tips feel free to PM

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
anyone been to Val Cenis in France, been 5 times now and its superb for all standards, but very quiet.

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012

Life pass that sounds pretty serious skiing???

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012

Life pass that sounds pretty serious skiing???

D

Deleted member 18477

No skiing for me this winter :(.

Getting some sun instead :)

I love skiing though. So bloody peaceful!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anybody want to come snowboarding with me this year?

all my ski buddies are taking a year off, currently im considering doing a few days on my todd!!!!!

Sad GIT.

Do it. I went on my own a few years ago and had fun. actually, it was rather nice being on my own.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Saas Fee and Kranjska Gora last two years.

An afternoon at Ski Dubai and week in Phuket this winter for my tribe!!

I've got a week booked off work early Feb, where would you all recommend for a good price ski holiday?

has Andorra still got a mountain? we used to go to Arinsal early/mid 90s it was as cheap as, not for the purists mind, but there was snow on the ground and some lively bars and everyone had a great time, go in March and you can sunbathe during your lunchbreak

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
Meribel is superb and one of my fav's ... nothing to add to what's been said ... loads to explore on and off piste

If you've got a flexible agenda and you've never done it you might want to try Mammoth instead .. much better skiing IMO although a bit quieter. If you've never been to Tahoe before I'd aim for Squaw ... Heavenly was overcrowded and full of dorks ... but that was 7/8 years ago and it may well have all changed.

Envious ... no skiing for me this year :tantrum:

I skied in Utah last year around the SLC area.At least a dozen resorts,area pass available and snow by the skip load.
Snowbird Winter Trail Map
Just loved Snowbird for all the black stuff and Deer Valley for the 'How the other half live' experience.Check it out on-line and see just what there is.I believe there is more skiing than in the Tahoe region.
Whichever you choose you will enjoy.

Tekkers

Sep 26, 2012
Whistler for 10 days in December....OK, so not technically 2013 but it's been booked for a year and I cannot wait !!!!!!

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
Going to St Anton and Whistler. Just gutted not to be doing a season this year and sitting in a shitty office for the best part of winter.

Still at least I get to go to Albion games!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Big Sky, Montana. Never heard of it when I was in the UK but it’s close to Yellowstone National Park so will give it a try.

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
My wife & I went there 5 years ago.Truly awesome.
No lift lines,out of the hotel in the morning and the 3 quads had a total of 6 people waiting for the lifts to open just 2 mins before opening time.The skiing was out of this world and Yellowstone was 90mins away.We did a day snowmobiling there,2 tours,Old Faithful or the Grand canyon of Yellowstone.The latter is the one to do.
Drawbacks,just two.... A long 24 hour journey to get there which included 3 flights to Bozeman and a lack of night life but if you can cope with that,DO IT.

ImageBam Lifties preping for the day......you can ski off the top of Lone peak,some 75% of it is available.

ImageBam Nearing lunchtime and look how busy it is!!!!!

ImageBam Viewing some of the hot springs

ImageBam Long view of the 400' high falls with hot springs in the valley bottom

ImageBam Norris basin

ImageBam Lone peak chutes

ImageBam Packed powder

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here