Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Skalak out

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
He may not be the most gifted player and he can be frustrating, but he is a pest to the opposition, he is always 100% fit and works hard. Yes there is room for him to develop his game but we are where we are because of the team. He is only 25 as well.
Maybe he shouldn't be a winger?
Just doesn't have any attributes that a winger should have.....

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Personally think he is living off of last seasons glories. People keep saying 'he has an excellent corss/delivery' but how many times has he actually contributed to/scored goals this season compared to our other wide players?

Thought he was good last season but has gone backwards this campaign. Always diving when standing up/battling may put us in a better position, can't beat a player and this season rarely provides assists.

The comment earlier in the thread about 'how can a player that can score a wonder goal like last season be crap' needs to watch Goal Rush on channel 5. Plenty of 30 yard screamers every week in League Two but its performing regularly that makes a player Championship level and I'm afraid Mr Skalak has not done that.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Sorry people I don't usually get controversial, but he is pants.

Of course, the manager who has guided us to the brink of promotion quite clearly doesn't have clue what he's doing! Skalak is clearly in the team to do a job, one that he must be doing to the managers liking,
Give it a rest and get behind the team rather than sniping from the sidelines.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Of course, the manager who has guided us to the brink of promotion quite clearly doesn't have clue what he's doing! Skalak is clearly in the team to do a job, one that he must be doing to the managers liking,
Give it a rest and get behind the team rather than sniping from the sidelines.

Probably the most sensible comment on this thread so far. Team Skalak!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Posts like this are one of the things I dislike most about NSC. Player has ordinary game so poster comes on here and says they are rubbish (ignoring everything about their previous play). Skalak had a poor game today but has been very good for us since signing. And two games ago against Derby he had a really good game. So yes he had a poor game today but to say he is pants is ridiculous.

All of this.

Skalak had one perhaps two opportunities yesterday to do something meaningful, he went down very easily on one of those occasions, but his tracking back and workrate were excellent.

I felt the bigger problem was that our midfield were too slow getting the ball out to both him and Knockaert, and consequently when they finally did the space he had was limited.

It's not his game to beat people with pace or skill, he just needs a glimpse of daylight to cross the ball and he does put in a good ball, certainly more consistently than Murphy and arguably as good as the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Didn't get in the game much but, bar one cross, flavour of the month Solly March didn't make much impact on that flank either. Pathetic post by the OP.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Sorry people I don't usually get controversial, but he is pants.

You know it's controversial and you are right because you are wrong! Actually, he was really getting in to his stride when he was subbed off, but CH had to make changes. Playing with 10 plus Akpom was dragging them down and I don't think we'll see Chuba start again.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Isn't this more like: a couple of people criticising him, then the 'no one should ever slag off an Albion player' lynch mob pile in?

It's the mentality of watching us win, hearing Huddersfield lose in the 96th minute to go 9 points ahead with 7 games left and then thinking "instead of enjoying myself I'll start laying into a couple of players on NSC" that baffles me.

This is set to be a memorable season, enjoy it, party, celebrate, sing loudly, get pissed, dance like a loon, hug complete strangers and make the most of it.

Next season in all probability we will lose far more games, be scrapping for relegation, get our arses whipped a few times, so make the most of what we've got now.

The thread title isn't criticism, it says 'Skalak Out'.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It's the mentality of watching us win, hearing Huddersfield lose in the 96th minute to go 9 points ahead with 7 games left and then thinking "instead of enjoying myself I'll start laying into a couple of players on NSC" that baffles me.

This is set to be a memorable season, enjoy it, party, celebrate, sing loudly, get pissed, dance like a loon, hug complete strangers and make the most of it.

Next season in all probability we will lose far more games, be scrapping for relegation, get our arses whipped a few times, so make the most of what we've got now.

The thread title isn't criticism, it says 'Skalak Out'.

Well keep an eye on the thread Mr Pres because I would hate to see anyone start criticising the OP

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here