Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Six year old threatened to chop his teachers head off with knife. Argus.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Are you seriously saying that a 6 year old bringing two knives into school and threatening to decapitate his teacher is a "non story"?

Are you his dad?

No, I'm not the little bustards Dad, I doubt if he has one he still sees. My point was, that he is six, kids of six don't understand the seriousness of their actions or intentions. He has no doubt heard about the decapitation in the news recently, and believed he could scare his headmistress by taking two knives to school. I really don't see that this is a story that should be sensationalised by the Argus, possibly at the expense of sorting the child and his family out

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Lovely place, Hangleton.

Used to be. I was there for a year before they built West Blach. But then that was in 1952. Later as a teenager we had a Youth Club there, it was a very popular Club run by a young couple, unfortunately they were relieved of their post when it was discovered the guy was pimping the girl out around town. I have loads of stories about Hangleton and West Blatchington, none of them involve knives.
Some of them are in My Brighton and Hove, Streets, Amberly Drive.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
don't believe everything you read in the ill informed Argus. I hope you are ashamed of yourself when the truth comes out. Are you a parent? The boy is SIX (according to the Argus)

The post was making the quite reasonable point that you should look to the parents in such a situation. Yes, the truth has not totally come out and may never do so, given his young age, but that applies to your reading of the situation as well as the post, whom you criticise. On the assumption that the story is largely true, I wonder why you felt it necessary to ask if the post is a parent and that the child is six?
Obviously I know nothing of your situation, and it doesn't concern me, but I can only suppose that you know very little of what happens in schools nowadays. Whilst the bringing into school of a knife is very rare at this age, it is not uncommon for children of this age to be suspended from school. I have attended disciplinary panels when permanent suspension is on the cards, and you would not believe the size of the documentary evidence that schools will have amassed to justify their decisions. Included in this will be pictures of puncture and scrape wounds to staff and peers alike and damage to the classroom as chairs have been thrown around.
I can assure you that the post has nothing to be ashamed about as the chances are that he will have jumped to the correct conclusion. For many years I dealt with such families and the stock excuses are always the same - -either deny there is any problem, and thus by implication, their poor upbringing is at fault, or good old blame the school because the little angel was fine until he went to that school.
It may well turn out to be that it is your good self who ought to be ashamed.

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
How does a six year old manage to get a couple of large knives into school without his parents noticing?
If he deliberately hid them then didn't he obviously know what he was doing was wrong?
Why cutting someones head off?
What if he had fallen out with one of his mates at playtime?

Big knives and small children isn't a good mix!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The post was making the quite reasonable point that you should look to the parents in such a situation. Yes, the truth has not totally come out and may never do so, given his young age, but that applies to your reading of the situation as well as the post, whom you criticise. On the assumption that the story is largely true, I wonder why you felt it necessary to ask if the post is a parent and that the child is six?
Obviously I know nothing of your situation, and it doesn't concern me, but I can only suppose that you know very little of what happens in schools nowadays. Whilst the bringing into school of a knife is very rare at this age, it is not uncommon for children of this age to be suspended from school. I have attended disciplinary panels when permanent suspension is on the cards, and you would not believe the size of the documentary evidence that schools will have amassed to justify their decisions. Included in this will be pictures of puncture and scrape wounds to staff and peers alike and damage to the classroom as chairs have been thrown around.
I can assure you that the post has nothing to be ashamed about as the chances are that he will have jumped to the correct conclusion. For many years I dealt with such families and the stock excuses are always the same - -either deny there is any problem, and thus by implication, their poor upbringing is at fault, or good old blame the school because the little angel was fine until he went to that school.
It may well turn out to be that it is your good self who ought to be ashamed.

The boy hasn't been suspended from school.
There are a lot of conclusions being jumped in this thread.

I don't any details but reading the Argus article, there is no statement from the school about what the boy actually said, just another parent (which could be hysterical gossip)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
How does a six year old manage to get a couple of large knives into school without his parents noticing?
If he deliberately hid them then didn't he obviously know what he was doing was wrong?

are you one of the ranting Argus posters? unless you routinely check Jonny's bag before school, throughly, it would quite easy for some cutlery to get in there.

and cutlery is what we are talking about apparently: "a spoon and two knives, one of which was a steak knife". given the description, i'd deduce the other knife is a normal table knife. we dont know the seriousness of the threat to the teacher, so given its a 6 yo there's scope for all sorts of misinterpretations of this. it could be that the boy is deeply disturbed, on the other hand i'd worry that a misunderstanding of boundries and appropriateness could lead to major social services intervention. kids say and replay things sometimes without realising the impact, or that in a different context its not correct behaviour.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I don't any details but reading the Argus article, there is no statement from the school about what the boy actually said, just another parent (which could be hysterical gossip)

"The Hangleton Infant and Junior School pupil was excluded after the shocking incident." ???

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
At six years old,I wouldn't be checking my childs bag.
I would be packing every single item.
If he was going to pack something he shouldn't,I would expect it to be an extra bar of chocolate.Not knives.

Must be me who thinks a six year old taking knives to school is "Unusual".

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
No, I'm not the little bustards Dad, I doubt if he has one he still sees. My point was, that he is six, kids of six don't understand the seriousness of their actions or intentions. He has no doubt heard about the decapitation in the news recently, and believed he could scare his headmistress by taking two knives to school. I really don't see that this is a story that should be sensationalised by the Argus, possibly at the expense of sorting the child and his family out

If you had originally posted that you "don't see that this is a story that should be sensationalised by the Argus" then I would have agreed with you. But you didn't.

You said it was "a non story".

I still disagree.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch

He has according to that article:-

"The Hangleton Infant and Junior School pupil was excluded after the shocking incident."

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
"The Hangleton Infant and Junior School pupil was excluded after the shocking incident." ???

He has according to that article:-

"The Hangleton Infant and Junior School pupil was excluded after the shocking incident."

Followed by

Brighton and Hove City Council confirmed the child is now back at the Dale View, Hove, site but is being educated separately following the incident on Monday.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If you had originally posted that you "don't see that this is a story that should be sensationalised by the Argus" then I would have agreed with you. But you didn't.

You said it was "a non story".

I still disagree.

I really couldn't care less if you disagree, it is a non story due to the fact , he is a six year old child. Did you never engage in games of war, cowboys and Indians etc as a child. Ok, taking knives to school goes a bit beyond that, but he is six years old, for Christs sake.He is possibly a troubled child, ( although I have no idea if he is) and the school does not appear to be over concerned, and I would rather trust their expertise in this matter, than some Argus hack, or hysterical parents, trying to get yheir names in the papers. I would have been a lot more concerned had the child been sixteen, not six.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Are you seriously saying that a 6 year old bringing two knives into school and threatening to decapitate his teacher is a "non story"?

Are you his dad?

The child also brought a SPOON into school. So probably going to scoop out the brains afterwards as he has probably been taught to be a cannibal.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The child also brought a SPOON into school. So probably going to scoop out the brains afterwards as he has probably been taught to be a cannibal.

a good observation, if only you were on the Argus staff. would have given some some meat to the story.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here