Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Six months on

All this thread has done has reminded me of the absolute despair I felt after the Boro game and then again for the playoff semi's.

Things are fantastic right now. Lets focus on all the good stuff rather than the most depressing few days (bar losing to Palace) that we have had since the move to the Amex

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Would love to see Boro relegated. Our players getting abused after the game. Not fussed about tinpot Burnley

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
On this note, I'd like us to try stay clear of any sort of one season silly rivalry with Newcastle. The gap to 3rd is all that matters at the moment.

This, we are better prepared for promotion this season than we were last season.
Winning instead of drawing, much better all round and more likely to stay up.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I will always feel agitated whenever this is mentioned.

I first get irate thinking about them sending that puerile incompetent over to referee a game worth 100M+. The fact he is still allowed to referee professional football matches is a very poor attempt at humour.

Then I start to remember what it was like around town, before and after, worse after. Somewhat surprising since they were promoted yet appeared more bothered about gloating and starting shit than actually celebrating. Vivid memories of gobby juveniles, no doubt too impoverished to be able to actually get a ticket, running around the ground shouting 'poofs' as we filtered out dejected. One particular lad got what was coming to him :whistle:. A walk through town to discover the tattooed skinedds averse to any albion, woman, child or pensioner, on their turf. Get home after what felt like 390894 hours to find a bunch of trolls and well-wishers on here. Not sure which out of the two annoyed me more. Then started planning an overnight in Sheffield knowing exactly what was coming (well not EXACTLY, as who the **** could have predicted that).

It's never a pleasant trip to the riverside but that was horrendous. Still, maybe it was just a new experience for them as I don't think they were used to people actually turning up there (for good reason), in fact they barely used to turn up themselves.

Nope, not over it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Like both teams. Owned by locals instead of foreign opportunists, haven't spent silly money since going up. I was hacked off with Barton when we played them here, but it was weak refereeing that he exploited and he wound our players up to help them equalise.

As for Boro, probably the best team in the division. Some of their fans were bell cheeses after the game, but football fans being dicks isn't unique to the North East.

In terms of teams I'd like to see relegated, it's Palace, West Ham (due to their novelty toy owners) and Hull.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Meh!

Another year strengthening in the Championship will (hopefully) stand us in good stead. Mike Dean continues to demonstrate what a cock he is however.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
I will always feel agitated whenever this is mentioned.

I first get irate thinking about them sending that puerile incompetent over to referee a game worth 100M+. The fact he is still allowed to referee professional football matches is a very poor attempt at humour.

This x100

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
As my signature says. Still no time for Barton or Dyche (although warming to him slightly)

I still blame dean for the issue at Boro. They have their bellends as fans but not as many as other smaller clubs.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I've no time for Dyche. I hate the way he pressures refs with his everyman spiel. No doubt he'd be the first person being interviewed on Talksport saying 'This is not the way I do things' if Johnny Foreigner was doing it in a Spanish accent. Barton is a bell cheese of immense proportions but plus ca change on that one - he's been once since he squeezed out of whatever fanny he came from and will be until he drops dead.

As for Boro I find it hard to care.

The difference this year is that the Force is with us. Take Hemeds soft penalty against Fulham. That was the kind of thing that got awarded the other way last year. Burnley away a prime example.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Don't mind either Burnley or Boro. Would like to see both stay up to prove again it can be done.

Hate Mike Dean with a passion though.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I honestly dont think about it. We bottled it. No one elses fault. Fans of other clubs have the right to enjoy themselves at our expense. I am sure we will rub fans up the wrong way if we go up.

Enjoying this season too much to even think about the past. The last two seasons have been the best since ive supported the club.

I don't understand how anyone can say we bottled it. We had an amazing season, competing with teams with a much bigger budget than us despite a mid season struggle where we had more than half our team out. We never got in a position to bottle it as we never got back in the top two after Christmas.

It came down to that last game and we played poorly in the first half and then, just as we got back in the game, it was taken away from us by an appalling decision. So, yes I am still bitter. Boro and Burnley generally I am not too bothered about. However, Mike Dean and Roger East (who cost us with their decisions), Gaston Ramirez (whose behaviour got Stephens sent off) and the FA committee (who decided not to rescind the red card despite it clearly being the wrong decision), I am still bitter about.

As for the play offs, we clearly didn't bottle them either. In the first leg we had ridiculous bad luck with injuries and in the second leg we were dominant and only one goal from levelling the tie before a blatant foul resulted in them equalising, and effectively ended the tie. To say we bottled it is bizarre.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
The Middlesbrough one was funny because their fans were obsessed by our dissapointment and reaction to the Stephens injury as if it was a personal attack on them and their club.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don't understand how anyone can say we bottled it. We had an amazing season, competing with teams with a much bigger budget than us despite a mid season struggle where we had more than half our team out. We never got in a position to bottle it as we never got back in the top two after Christmas.

It came down to that last game and we played poorly in the first half and then, just as we got back in the game, it was taken away from us by an appalling decision. So, yes I am still bitter. Boro and Burnley generally I am not too bothered about. However, Mike Dean and Roger East (who cost us with their decisions), Gaston Ramirez (whose behaviour got Stephens sent off) and the FA committee (who decided not to rescind the red card despite it clearly being the wrong decision), I am still bitter about.

As for the play offs, we clearly didn't bottle them either. In the first leg we had ridiculous bad luck with injuries and in the second leg we were dominant and only one goal from levelling the tie before a blatant foul resulted in them equalising, and effectively ended the tie. To say we bottled it is bizarre.

Quite agree with all the above, other than I cant stand Burnley, mainly because of Dyche (prize prick) and Barton (just a thug).

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Nothing against these clubs, more the refs that made appalling decisions and a gutless FA

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Have no problem with Burnley at all - Barton is just the new Scott McGleish pantomine villain.

Middlesbrough fans assaulting our players at the Riverside is a little harder to dismiss. Dean and Ramirez are also unforgiven.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Burnley is a shit hole full of brain dead Brexiteers and the club are not much better. And Joey Barton is one of the biggest retards in football. What's to like?

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I think we're this seasons Burnley.

Although we haven't packed our side with thugs and 6ft+ players, and don't thump the ball high into the box at every opportunity.

Would absolutely love to see Palace, Burnley and Middlesbrough go down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here