Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Six Million a Year to make us Worse!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I rreally do think that Capello should have gone.IMHO,the only reason he hasn't is because of the compensation payable,the cock up over altering the get out clause in his contract and the fact that the F.A. top brass would look even more stupid than they do already.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
but, of course, the players are still the golden generation and some of the best of the world :jester:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I love how he suddenly becomes a shit manager on the back of his first ever international tournament. Mistakes made yes, but the players are more to blame than him. They under perform without fail all the time in tournaments. This was no different. How many managers have had such a great qualifying campaign as him?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
they have shown that they are not as good as the hype, mainly around the premier league, makes them out to be

last two tournaments - did not qualify, out in the second round. but of course, it is always down to the manager

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Failing to qualify for Euro 2008 > Second round of World Cup 2010

?!

shhhh...some people still believe that we have the best players in the world. throwing facts about is irrelevant

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Failing to qualify for Euro 2008 > Second round of World Cup 2010

?!

Euro 2008 Qualifying
ENGLAND 5 v 0 Andorra
FYR Macedonia 0 v 1 ENGLAND
ENGLAND 0 v 0 FYR Macedonia
Croatia 2 v 0 ENGLAND
Israel 0 v 0 ENGLAND
Andorra 0 v 3 ENGLAND
Estonia 0 v 3 ENGLAND
ENGLAND 3 v 0 Israel
ENGLAND 3 v 0 Russia
ENGLAND 3 v 0 Estonia
Russia 2 v 1 ENGLAND
ENGLAND 2 v 3 Croatia

Lost 3, didnt qualify

World Cup 2010 Qualifying
Andorra 0 v 2 ENGLAND
Croatia 1 v 4 ENGLAND
ENGLAND 5 v 1 Kazakhstan
Belarus 1 v 3 ENGLAND
ENGLAND 2 v 1 Ukraine
Kazakhstan 0 v 4 ENGLAND
ENGLAND 6 v 0 Andorra
ENGLAND 5 v 1 Croatia
Ukraine 1 v 0 ENGLAND
ENGLAND 3 v 0 Belarus

lost 1, 8 consecutive wins, qualified TOP

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Yep all Capello's fault as it was with Erickson nothing to do with the players at all, they are all brilliant

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd love to know who these DELUDED people are and which doctor they report to.
They are people who work for Sky Sports and report to Doctor Rupert Murdoch.

Note from Murdoch to the Sky Sports newsdesk:

Remember, despite the SHIT England performance, the fact that nearly every player in the Premiership failed to shine, and the only good one (Fabregas) was only a sub and wants to leave the Premiership anyway, it does not mean that the Premiership is anything other than the GREATEST league in the WORLD.

So remember: You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter. Now pass the glitter. :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Capello didn't give Rooney the touch of a rapist.
Capello didn't order Lampard, Gerrard, Terry et-al to constantly present the ball to the opposition
Capello didn't instruct the brainless gung-ho suicidal 2nd half charge of the light brigade at 2-1 down

A dispirat bunch of cossetted, self-absorbed, squabbling, bored millionaires who couldn't even rouse themselves to perform for their country on the biggest stage, and who are basically too THICK to adapt themselves to do what is required to win a football match at the highest level. A serial bunch of bottle-jobs.

Capello isn't completely blameless obviously, there were a number of things he could've done differently that may or may not have had an effect. But I'd lay the blame 70/30 at the players door. When push comes to shove, they've got no intelligence, no heart and no bottle.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I don't watch a great deal of top flight football, but watch the odd MOTD and stuff on SSN. I can't believe how poor our players actually are.

The English players looked like fish out of water without their composed and classy continental team mates to dig them out of holes or lay goals to them on a plate. They lacked finesse, basic skills, courage and determination.

We haven't pulled up trees in an international tournament for decades, with the exception of our '90 and '96 squads. Not the most gifted, but played with heart, desire and energy.

Capello is the obvious scapegoat, but the problem is clearly more deep rooted than that. I think the problem is a whole host of things, but maybe time to admit that our players are simply overvalued and overrated?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here