Sitting in the away end tomorrow night

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oct 24, 2007
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
Going to the game with my cousins who are Reading fans (obviuosly) as I didn't get a ticket for the home end in time. Going to be a strange experience going to a home game and being in the away end.

Anyone else sat in the away end this season or am i the first?

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
Going to the game with my cousins who are Reading fans (obviuosly) as I didn't get a ticket for the home end in time. Going to be a strange experience going to a home game and being in the away end.

I have sat in south stand but in a designated albion section. Ashamed to say I can't think who we played, Steve harper was in goal for us.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Would love to sit there for one game, just to hear what we sound like. Let us know.

I sit there for 10 mins before half time every game, the North Stand is not loud at all. It only gets load there if all 3 stands are singing.

Last edited:

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea

Give in some welly when GOSBTS gets going.:thumbsup:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Mention a few times how good we are too :laugh:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Yes I have been in the away end as I got freebies from Derby board, It was ok they were quiet and we stood at the back a few gay songs which were half hearted and a bit weak. The good thing is the stewards do not make you sit down and just remember not to turn to your mate during the game and shout "are we going in Dicks bar after the game then" like me and a friend pointed out "No thats for home fans only I think" !!! we got away with it.

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
Yes I have been in the away end as I got freebies from Derby board, It was ok they were quiet and we stood at the back a few gay songs which were half hearted and a bit weak. The good thing is the stewards do not make you sit down and just remember not to turn to your mate during the game and shout "are we going in Dicks bar after the game then" like me and a friend pointed out "No thats for home fans only I think" !!! we got away with it.

I've seen pompey,forest,saints and boro fans in there quite happily drinking with home fans.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean

I'd agree totally with this Pf. If the West join in with the North and some of the East, it can be deafening. But if the away start singing, you can just about make out what the North is singing sometimes.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I've only been in the wrong end at Colchester away many years ago. I coped with keeping my mouth shut when we scored four times but blew my cover with an instinctive "HAND BALL!" shout against them. Luckily no-one challenged me but on Saturday I'm in with the West Ham fans so had better not make the same mistake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports