Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sir Stelios Haji-Ioannou pledges to give half of £2bn fortune to charity

D

Deleted member 22389

Are you ill? How can you turn a perfectly decent thread highlighting someone who is doing something good with his wealth into a snide sycinal thread? I think you have issues mate ?

I'm afraid I have done the same and apologise. Good on him.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Good on him. If more of the world's billionaire's took this approach it could seriously help to end some of the most disgraceful situations that people in need face all around the world. Let's face it, when you get into the billions neither you or your kids can spend that kind of money so why not leave a legacy that will help millions.

Good on him, if we can all stop trying to score political points off each other to applaud a genuinely selfless act I think that would be nice.

Healthy cynicism is not always political point scoring.

For example, I note Zuckerberg is a similar pledger, which is all well and good apart from the fact that Facebook has a corporate structure (historically anyway) that has avoided paying tax in the U.K.

He may well be a committed philanthropist in the US but I would rather he (and his billionaire mates) just paid their tax.

That's just me though......

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Since you couldn't resist throwing Brexit in to this one, what's your stand on these so called Junker sweetheart deals, this is the EU you love isn't it?
https://sputniknews.com/europe/201705301054131118-jean-claude-juncker-luxembourg/

Under the influence of alcohol or not and as pointed out, I shouldn't have thrown Brexit into it and apologise as I see you have.

As for your link, I don't have any views let alone read stories on Russian Government websites I'm afraid.

Well done to Sit Stelios though.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Well done Stelios. Easy to say otherwise, but I will honestly say that I couldn't imagine me doing that, which makes him a much better person than I am. I do give to charities, and always will, as I earn more and become better off, I do give more generously. But to reach the point of gifting HALF of the wealth you have built up over the years. Wow, that is seriously generous.

No political statements, no need to mention EU or Brexit. Just a big :clap: and a :bowdown: to a wonderful gesture.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here