Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Sir Michael Gambon - RIP

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I was lucky enough to see him on stage several times - he could do it all. He was a menacing Eddie in View from the Bridge, a wonderful dissolute Falstaff, a wheedling Volpone (with a brilliant Mosca from Simon Russell Beale) and the father with his multitude of clones, all played by Daniel Craig.

I shared the same table with him at Glyndebourne once - he had a look on his face that said "please leave me alone": so I did. But what an actor- at home on stage, on TV, on film - a real loss.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Outstanding actor. Like many others have said The Singing Detective was brilliant but genuinely he always was in everything I saw him in. Never came across badly in interviews either - a gem. RIP

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I was lucky enough to see him on stage several times - he could do it all. He was a menacing Eddie in View from the Bridge, a wonderful dissolute Falstaff, a wheedling Volpone (with a brilliant Mosca from Simon Russell Beale) and the father with his multitude of clones, all played by Daniel Craig.

I shared the same table with him at Glyndebourne once - he had a look on his face that said "please leave me alone": so I did. But what an actor- at home on stage, on TV, on film - a real loss.
I do hope you're not suggesting that the late actor had a career beyond The Singing Detective, Layer Cake and Harry f*cking Potter? ???

RIP Michael Gambon :down:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Layer Cake is one of the best gangster films of all time with Daniel Craig.

"How d'ya think these fackers earn a living, hmm?" "Mister Troop made a copy (of a recording)." 👏👏

RIP Sir Michael Gambon.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
My greatest memory of him was for what was his first leading TV role "The Borderers".from the time when England and Scotland were different kingdoms.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Like so many I remember him for The Singing Detective in my relatively formative years - what a performance that was, and who could forget Joanna Whalley as his nurse!

I was privileged to see him in David Hare’s Skylight at the National - incredible play, presence and performance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here