Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Sir Keir Starmer’s route to Number 10

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
Same old nonsense from you ! …” not about revealing detailed plans” ??
the Labour manifesto is for the people- the voters… if the policies are worthwhile they will stand any amount of scrutiny.

General attitude seems to be ‘we’ve already won so we don’t have to do anything’

Is that what we want from our politicians?

Still your post was not the winner in the lowering expectations stakes today …someone just said it will be 2 terms before we see things improve! Easy life that eh? 10 years of not improving anything and able to blame it on the government from the last decade😃

Well, the current lot have had more than a decade, they had the policies they were elected on, then four changes of leader and the best they can come up with is “we’re going to send a handful of people to Rwanda at a cost that exceeds what it would cost us to have them boarding at Eton.” It’s a slow, slow handclap from me.

Can you tell me what’s improved in the last decade?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Agree.

Apart from the fact the story is being 100% driven by the Tories and their media allies. An indication of how close this wretched party still are to the right wing press.

“Former Conservative party deputy chairman Lord Ashcroft suggested that Ms Rayner failed to properly declare her main residency in his book Red Queen?”

“Police originally said that Ms Rayner would not face an investigation over claims she gave false information about where she was living for the electoral roll. However, they agreed to “review the circumstances” in a letter to deputy Tory party chairman James Daly last month.”

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Have to hand it too Sir Keir, on security he is spot and and gets it, a far cry from the dithering idiot he replaced in the Labour party, who had he been elected would have done nothing nothing against Ukraines genocide, would probaby have already scrapped Trident, all as revanchist Russia avows to destroy the west.

Still a bit of a wet lettuce, but he's actually starting to become the leader I hoped he would.

One that may govern for the national majority and not just a faction of his own party.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
My expectation with the Rayner thing, as with the way the Mail lost it's mind over "beergate", is it will turn out to be nothing once again and those who pushed it will end up with egg on their faces.

If not, then Starmer simply sacks her.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
My expectation with the Rayner thing, as with the way the Mail lost it's mind over "beergate", is it will turn out to be nothing once again and those who pushed it will end up with egg on their faces.

I don't think Starmer can actually sack a deputy leader, can he ?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Even if she is guilty and gets reprimanded or sacked? It's not going to change the national optics or election outcome.

Tories are pissing in the wind.

ClemFandango

Oct 2, 2023
If the Rayner case turns out that she's done nothing wrong, I look forward to all the big headlines saying she is cleared of any wrongdoing...
All she’s got to do is be up front about the issue. As ever, the cover-up is proving to be worse than the crime (if there is one)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Even if she is guilty and gets reprimanded or sacked? It's not going to change the national optics or election outcome.

Tories are pissing in the wind.
No, nor should it if SKS deals with it properly IF she is found guilty.

But I'd quite like all MPs to be held to the same standard, if she's done wrong she should go, Labour have (and rightfully so )called for Tory MPs to go for being found guilty of numerous (I've lost count of how many) same should apply to her.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
UK economy grows for the second month, potentially coming out of recession.

I wonder what negative spin Starmer will throw on that :smile:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

It doesn't need any spin.
The economy has basically been flat for years, and continues to be.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I think most people realise the UK economy is screwed...unless you're a bit stupid it does not need anyone to highlight this.

That said, maybe there is still some of the electorate he needs to reach?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I guessed as to who may be bouncing this thread, but only got two out of the three

Desperate for something, anything to actually avoid reality :lolol:

Desperate for any type of good news from the last few years even Potentially good news of getting back to where we were :lolol::lolol:

And then when the new lot get in the mudslinging will continue for the next ten years of the new administration until we rinse and repeat.

And i'm so desperate all I have left is the 'They're all the same' claim :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Sorry guys, but I'm afraid you only have two hopes of your preferred cabal staying in power and Bob is long gone :laugh:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here