Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Sir Keir Starmer apologises for 'administrative errors'

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No, I think you misread it.

He says he's done nothing wrong. Asked if he was sure he had done nothing wrong, he said: "Absolutely confident, there's no problem here."

Your own title says apologises ?!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The trouble is we live in a country where the right wing press are disproportionately powerful, biased beyond shame and desperate to draw some sort of equivalence between the opposition and the most tawdry of governments we’ve ever seen.

Starmer needs to be whiter than white. Personally I think this will damage him

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am shocked by this but I shouldn't be

Another bloody celebrity Arsenal fan

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The trouble is we live in a country where the right wing press are disproportionately powerful, biased beyond shame and desperate to draw some sort of equivalence between the opposition and the most tawdry of governments we’ve ever seen.

Starmer needs to be whiter than white. Personally I think this will damage him

Former Director of Public Prosecutions is about as moral a person as you'll find in parliament in this day and age. Big ask for right wing media to bring him down, tho I'm sure they'll give it their best shot

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
No, I think you misread it.

He says he's done nothing wrong. Asked if he was sure he had done nothing wrong, he said: "Absolutely confident, there's no problem here."

There you go again. In your sheer desperation to try to slur Starmer you deliberately overlook:-

A spokesperson for the Labour leader said: "Keir Starmer takes his declaration responsibilities very seriously and has already apologised for the fact that administrative errors in his office have led to a small number of late declarations.

Were you hoping that none of us would click on the link and read the article?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
There you go again. In your sheer desperation to try to slur Starmer you deliberately overlook:-

A spokesperson for the Labour leader said: "Keir Starmer takes his declaration responsibilities very seriously and has already apologised for the fact that administrative errors in his office have led to a small number of late declarations.

He's said sorry, that's good enough for me. If any leader makes an error, apologises then it's time to move on.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Now we can look forward to lots of discussion about this occurrence like it is some way comparable to handing out billions of PPE contracts to your mates like we saw the beer and curry being held up as in someone comparable to the multi floor nightclub Boris was running in Downing Street during the pandemic

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Now we can look forward to lots of discussion about this occurrence like it is some way comparable to handing out billions of PPE contracts to your mates like we saw the beer and curry being held up as in someone comparable to the multi floor nightclub Boris was running in Downing Street during the pandemic

Contracts like this?

A company linked to the Conservative Party that won 'VIP contracts' has boasted of record £13m profits – saying that the pandemic provided an "unprecedented opportunity to support the government".

Meller Designs Ltd was awarded £160m in deals provide personal protective equipment (PPE), all without competitive tender.

The company was fast-tracked by the government through a ‘VIP lane’, after being recommended by a government insider.

Until January this year, it was co-owned by a prominent Tory donor, David Meller. Reports say that he personally lobbied Lord Bethell, a health minister, to speed up the awarding of one of the contracts.

Accounts now reveal that Meller Designs Ltd – which is normally a fashion manufacturer – made more than £13m profit after tax in 2020. The year before, it managed just £144,000.

David Meller has donated more than £63,000 to the Conservative Party since 2009 and was previously a trustee of Policy Exchange, a right-wing thinktank.

Source: opendemocracy.net

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
He has donated the book fee to charity. 2 lots of Arsenal tickets 2 grand, the book advance was £18,450. R

If I may indulge in a little‘whataboutery’Johnson was found to breached rules in 2018 and 2019, once on not declaring £50,000 in earnings, and part ownership of a property in Somerset.

He didn’t donate either to charity.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
He's said sorry, that's good enough for me. If any leader makes an error, apologises then it's time to move on.

If it's time to move on, why did you start a thread on it?

To pretend his administrative errors are comparable to those of Boris? Starmer is just playing at it. He'll never reach the depths of wrongdoing that Boris has achieved.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The "errors" are understood to relate to football tickets and book payments received by the Labour leader which were declared late.

https://news.sky.com/story/keir-starmer-says-hes-done-nothing-wrong-as-investigation-under-mps-conduct-rules-revealed-12633022

Easily done :shrug:

Still, nice to hear again that he's done nothing wrong.

I'm curious - do you genuinely believe that everybody who considers Boris Johnson the worst, corrupt, shameful, lying PM in history simply refuses to acknowledge that Sir Keir Starmer is just as bad and that our opinion of Johnson is solely down to party politics?

Because honestly, this pathetic attempt at false equivalence makes me cringe. It's not really remotely comparable to the long list of lies, corruption and law breaking that Johnson is guilty of, is it?

SAC

May 21, 2014
Surely he should have denied any errors occurred. Then claimed that if there were any errors, he didn't know of them. Then demanded a review of any alleged errors, obviously being unable to discuss the errors until the end of the review. Then and only then he should apologise but say that it was ages ago so why is anyone bothered.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

I see that [MENTION=35196]Is it PotG?[/MENTION] gave you a thumbs up which, if you think about it, is quite odd.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

I disagree. Any leader that makes an error, should apologise and face a punishment proportional to the error.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The "errors" are understood to relate to football tickets and book payments received by the Labour leader which were declared late.

https://news.sky.com/story/keir-starmer-says-hes-done-nothing-wrong-as-investigation-under-mps-conduct-rules-revealed-12633022

Easily done :shrug:

Still, nice to hear again that he's done nothing wrong.

So they were declared. Just declared late. Thus an administrative error.

Sorry, why have you, a Tory supporter, started a thread about it ? This has happened a few times with them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here