Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sir Bobby Charlton

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Programme on BBC now.

After last night's El Classico fiasco, some of those players could do with watching a programme about a football great who played the game the right way.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I hate Man Utd but Bobby Charlton is a legend.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I know the term legend is often overused however what a true Gentleman Bobby is, totally in awe that he had so much and also carried the burden of a horrendous accident.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
To hold the goal scoring records at both his club, and country...for 40 years...from midfield! Well, says it all about the footballer. A true great, bought a tear to my eye.

Guerrero

Jul 17, 2010
Near Alicante.Spain
A class act.
Definately the best of his time.Possibly Englands best ever.
Look at Rooney.
Not on the same planet.
My Hero!
I still hate Manure though.LOL.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
A class act.
Definately the best of his time.Possibly Englands best ever.
Look at Rooney.
Not on the same planet.
My Hero!
I still hate Manure though.LOL.

I don't hate any football club. Every football club is as good as the others to the people who truly support them.

bedgebury

Apr 28, 2011
My son missed the programme and was relying on iPlayer but BBC states it will not be available for 'rights reasons'. There is going to be a repeat on 10 May (1.30am BBC1) but I hope he will be in bed then and we have no recording device. Has anyone recorded tonight's transmission which I could buy a copy of, please? Many thanks, David

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Players today would learn a hell of a lot what respect and humility is actually all about from this great man

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
The man carries his heart on his sleeve and always has done,the emotion he shows is so touching. A true gentleman.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
If only every player was like Bobby Charlton. It was a very good tribute to a man who embodies how people in such a previleged position should behave. A true great.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
One of my colleagues is from Ashington and his mum knew the Charltons from way back when. Says Jack is far more sociable & Bobby is known for being a bit of a grumpy old sod. Great player though.

And is one of the few people in life to have a hairstyle named after him.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The thing is a player's private and public persona's are quite different. Sir Bobby is a gentleman when he needs to be, sadly a lot of players and ex players aren't. However these days players get huge sums of money when they're barely out of their teens so it's no great surprise how some of them get carried away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here