Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sir Alex gets very upset

If you are moronic enough to support an act of football thuggery just because its Man U or criticised by Alex Ferguson you should be banned from contributing to a public forum on the grounds of gross stupidity.

Haven't seen it but if it was committed after the whistle went then nothing will be done. Over the years I've seen some of the worst fouls committed after the whistle has blown and the ref always just ignores them and goes back to the original offence. Presumably play has stopped and offence is not governed by ref ?

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
I wait to see it before forming a judgement.

Williams recently was gobby in the press about Suarez, and what he wanted to do to him, based on a silly little grudge from a year before. Came across as spiteful and with a pointless long memory over trivial shit.

If the RVP incident does come across as premeditated by Williams, the FA should disregard Williams's smiling interview and claims, and punish.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
thing is he basically kicked the ball a second after the whistle went so he'll just say he's clearing his lines....badly.

however it was obvious a free kick was about to be given and it's pretty clear he meant to boot the ball straight at RVP's head ,lol.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5383532 said:
Williams = cock, totally bang out of order and deliberately viscous. Inexcusable, should get a longer ban than Barton IMO, in fact I'd also like to see the twat get charged with assault.

Just to stir it up on a quiet Sunday----your second team is??????

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I'm STILL waiting for MY christmas PREZZIE. I will be in the CLIFTONVILLE at 8am tomorrow. COULD be a long DAY and I may END up TIRED and EMOTIONAL

'Ernest' I can only say your gonna get whats coming to you-----one day we will meet and there will be fireworks-------until then Happy Christmas:thumbsup: :drink:

Snarkey5

Banned
Feb 8, 2011
the slow motion doesn't help williams, see the spanish defender trip rvp when he got up to go mental lool

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Looking at the youtube video it hardly looks like it was deliberate. The ball came to Williams who put his foot through it. Just because RVP was on the floor hardly makes it ABH.

Sorry this doesn't fall into line with everyone getting on Williams back.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Looking at the youtube video it hardly looks like it was deliberate. The ball came to Williams who put his foot through it. Just because RVP was on the floor hardly makes it ABH.

Sorry this doesn't fall into line with everyone getting on Williams back.
Much as I might like to agree with you, I don't - I think Williams kicked it at RvP deliberately, if he was clearing the ball it would have gone up and over RvP and Williams certainly looks to me (although the quality isn't the best) as if he has a glance at where RvP is lying before he boots the ball.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
The funny bit is that RVP goes down like he`s been shot, and looks like staying down till the ball hits him then jumps up like fcuking Zebedee.At the end of the day RVP was cheating and a football in the head is hardly gonna him you ffs.

Good point. RSVP was trying to cheat for a winning pen (bollocks to the lying theory that Manu staff conduct themselves on and off the pitch to classy standard - a PR myth). Then made a miraculous recovery in pretending he was hard enough for Ashley Williams. The whole scuffle was a great PL handbags event, and will add to its hype.

I do think Williams had intent, and red nosed Fergie will get his wish of a Williams ban.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
If you are moronic enough to support an act of football thuggery just because its Man U or criticised by Alex Ferguson you should be banned from contributing to a public forum on the grounds of gross stupidity.

Agreed. Some of the shit in this thread is unbelievable. No place for stuff like this in the game, no matter who it's against.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Imagine if we had video replays and TV officials for these incidents. There'd still be massive controversy. The way I see it, the ball was kicked at the same time as the whistle blowing. No way to tell for certain if it was deliberate. Even if it was: a) RVP got to his feet quickly enough to square up to Williams, and b) footballs are meant to be kicked. And headed; and c) rugby players get trodden on and have their eyes gouged out without making such a fuss. Much ado about nowt tbh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here