Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Single women over 30

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
I'd be interested in your views.

My mate is the last single (although newly) lad in our group, now heading towards his mid 30's we were discussing his options in terms of next relationship.

Realistically his age range is 25 -40.

My point, and one that was discussed at great length is that any woman over 30 and not tied down (or at least divorced) is obviously a little bit mental and he should steer clear - she is single for a reason and that is usually that she is a sandwich short of a picnic - and not in a good way.

Now the argument could also be said for him, being a single lad in his mid 30's.

Discuss.

:drink:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Total bollocks, really.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'd be interested in your views.

My mate is the last single (although newly) lad in our group, now heading towards his mid 30's we were discussing his options in terms of next relationship.

Realistically his age range is 25 -40.

My point, and one that was discussed at great length is that any woman over 30 and not tied down (or at least divorced) is obviously a little bit mental and he should steer clear - she is single for a reason and that is usually that she is a sandwich short of a picnic - and not in a good way.

Now the argument could also be said for him, being a single lad in his mid 30's.

Discuss.

:drink:

He should go to Online dating site. Chat rooms for singles and personals. Free dating for girls and women - BeNaughty.com, get a f*** buddy and have some fun !

No rational explanation but I had a theory it was always best to only avoid those single women over 30 who also owned a cat (more so if they owned more than one!)

Phoenix Arrow

Mitoma Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2009
Sverige
If any woman at that age still single is single for a reason then any man in same situation is stilll single for a reason surely?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
You are looking at his prospects the wrong way round. The majority of women much over 30 will want someone to help pay for someone else's kids or are head mental. Most women over 40 are mental or undesirable.
This was a problem I went through having never been married at 45. Solution, keep playing the field when your 30 and marry a girl 20 years younger when your 47. Sorted, they are still mental though. :lolol:

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
No rational explanation but I had a theory it was always best to only avoid those single women over 30 who also owned a cat (more so if they owned more than one!)

Yes, I can see that - I'll pass that on!

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
If any woman at that age still single is single for a reason then any man in same situation is stilll single for a reason surely?

No - I think the stigma's different, depending on whether you are male or female.

Not saying that's right, just my opinion!

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
The main thing is the field as a lot sparser when you get the older side of 30 - alot of women are already attached or have baggage ( which is not a problems just depends on your view point). But it's no different with blokes that age.
A colleague of mine at work a women 34 is single - good looking nice less but i once had a converstaon with her about her finding a bloke then realised why she was single - far to fussy. if a chap didn't meet a certain criteria e.g Job, Salary, looks she wouldn't even give them a chance.

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
A colleague of mine at work a women 34 is single - good looking nice less but i once had a converstaon with her about her finding a bloke then realised why she was single - far to fussy. if a chap didn't meet a certain criteria e.g Job, Salary, looks she wouldn't even give them a chance.

Which suggests she is a little bit mental? Bet she has a cat.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You are right that women are a bit head mental, but i think you are over complicating it by bringing age into it

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley

There was a programme on BBC3 about 3 months ago - Cherry goes dating - that was full of women like this. None of them, none, realised that they were being so picky. One of the girls was introduced to a guy them met all her criteria and, guess what, he wasn't interested in her because he could do far better. She was average, yet expected her bloke to be perfect in every way.

I don't normally watch these kinds of programmes - I only watched it because they filmed during a training session at my rugby club as one of the girls wanted to date a rugby player - but it was actually very good.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think the original poster is right. Women up to lovely are great, after that they are mental. The cut off of 30 varies a little, some last to 35, others go mental in their mid twenties, but as a guide 30 is pretty good I would say.

If I was single again I would be aiming for as young as possible, over 20 obviously.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Women especially as they get older are looking for Man who can bring something to the table. Therefore they are hardwired over centuries to expect the Man to be the " provider ". Even though middle aged Women have all the cards now and in many ways are in a much better position than their single Male counterparts they still expect this. Women also get fussier and are better on their own than Men and often have a much better support network and are happy on their own and picking and choosing. I am 48 and single and have pretty much given up finding " the one " again and can bring absolutely NOTHING to the table and for that reason I am out. Sad but true.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I am over 30 and am professionally headmental. Still, to one or two women that seems a novelty. I wouldn't go out with me. But women over 30 who happen to be single i find a lot calmer than those in relationships. They tend to be more comfortable in themselves and not at all reliant on the make-up of togetherness. They're usually single because they want to be. If they have had a bad history, i don't really understand that being a reason to not be with them if you happen to very much like them. I like women over 30.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I was made a single woman via divorce at 30 and if you wish to generalise grandly then go ahead. It wasn't my fault nor would I ever have guessed I'd have to choose it but all I would say is that each situation as in life is very different, and as such at least deserves a chat. You never know what you'll find.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I was made a single woman via divorce at 30 and if you wish to generalise grandly then go ahead. It wasn't my fault nor would I ever have guessed I'd have to choose it but all I would say is that each situation as in life is very different, and as such at least deserves a chat. You never know what you'll find.

Well said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here