Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Singing Section

Nordic Gull

Feb 25, 2009
Hampshire
Can someone tell me what the atmosphere is actually like in the singing section? I sit in block D and to be honest, hardly hear anything from down that end. This is by no means a complaint as we all know how badly any noise carries in that ground, I just wonder, is the idea of a singing section really working?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Believe me, block H is rocking every match. But the accoustics are that bad, you wouldn't know it far along in block D. If you experienced a game at that end, it would answer all your questions, trust me! :lolol:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The singing section was the quietest I can remember in the league at Withdean yesterday. It was no noisier than an average game in B block to be honest.

Doesn't work even on a 'noisy' day though.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
the problem is every time peple started singing the stewards came up and got people sitting down, therefore kiling the atmosphere

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Believe me, block H is rocking every match. But the accoustics are that bad, you wouldn't know it far along in block D. If you experienced a game at that end, it would answer all your questions, trust me! :lolol:

Don't know about D block. I was in G last night and hardl;y heard a thing !

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
The problem is that it is in a shit position in the ground, and in all honesty is full of more than its fair share of twats, therefore those that make noise (i.e. at away games) are more inclined to stick to their previous seats with friends/family.

The main noise last night was from kids doing impressions of their teachers, and that chavvy idiot (come on, we all know the one) enthralling the entire block with tidbits and anecdotes from his life.

Joe Nobody

Dec 27, 2008
Hove
Not where I go but well done to the groups of young lads & not so young for trying, against the odds. Shame more people do not join you. I hope you get rewarded in the new stadium with a proper End & proper atmosphere.

I have sat there( singing section) since really the withdean opened and this is the worst it has ever been. It has been invaded by some wankers who sit behind me and have no clue what is going on. I have moved about the rows in that stand and now i am in row k which seems to be targeted by the stewards. Lets face it they are complete ignorant idiots towards most people in the stand. They pulled me over yesterday for apparent abuse towards them when for the hole match i was listening to my i-pod and talking to my mates and the only time i said anything abusive was towards Akinfenwa. If you havent sat there before you dont really know how bad they are.

It also seems many of the people who used to sit there have stopped coming, i can only speculate as to the fact the football has been, well, not very good this year, so therefore there is a lack in numbers and people who where prepared to be vocal. I hope it picks up when the new manager is here but it is dire at the moment. Just stay away and dont sit there.

The problem is that it is in a shit position in the ground, and in all honesty is full of more than its fair share of twats, therefore those that make noise (i.e. at away games) are more inclined to stick to their previous seats with friends/family.

The main noise last night was from kids doing impressions of their teachers, and that chavvy idiot (come on, we all know the one) enthralling the entire block with tidbits and anecdotes from his life.

And the man with the f***ing hideous laugh and the 11 or 12 year old who sounds like a transsexuall.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
First, the atmosphere is very good in block h on a good day. secondly, can we all stop insulting eachother, we are supposed to be a community club, and insulting someone with 'spots' and 'claiming' they have never been laid is quite frankly immature, not to mention it is a family forum. And lastly, if you wanna boost the atmposhere, get the singing going in the other blocks too! :)

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
moved to block H this season and other than the plonker who sits behind me and tells everyone of his fights with every away teams fans i quite enjoy the place. problem is only a few people get the songs going and if they dont bother no-one else will. I dont know the songs that well to start anything yet. The stewards are a problem but a mate of mine is one of them so maybe i can ask if they can be a bit more leniant with us. Personally dont think it is a major hazard or too dangerous if we do stay standing and the atmosphere rocks when we are allowed.

moved to block H this season and other than the plonker who sits behind me and tells everyone of his fights with every away teams fans i quite enjoy the place. problem is only a few people get the songs going and if they dont bother no-one else will. I dont know the songs that well to start anything yet. The stewards are a problem but a mate of mine is one of them so maybe i can ask if they can be a bit more leniant with us. Personally dont think it is a major hazard or too dangerous if we do stay standing and the atmosphere rocks when we are allowed.

The stewards have completely killed the atmosphere. I have sat in h block for years and gradually the stewards have just worn us down. As i have stated above they had a talk to me for no apparent reason and threatened to throw me out for abuse, when actually i had been listening to my i-pod for the hole first half. They are wankers. I tried not to get on the anti-steward band wagon but they went a step too far yesterday with there petty actions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here