Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Singing aye aye Ashley

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
I'm sure I read somewhere that he isn't allowed to play on the 28tg against us.

I think that is only done in the case of loan signings. At the end of the day Ash is a Burnley player now and they do what they want....surely.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm sure I read somewhere that he isn't allowed to play on the 28tg against us.
Why wouldn't he be? I don't believe you're allowed to write that into a (sale) contract.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Really pleased to sign him.We have had no options off the bench all season.
Manager has worked miracles with the current squad, and we do have 2or 3 really top drawer players,
The signing of Ashley could mean the difference between automatic and the play offs

You do have a very good manager. We are very happy with ours as well. Watch Wigan. They have a good manager and still some Prem players.

The manager I would like to see fail is Billy Davies. You would think he would be happy enough with all the dosh he made in Lord of The Rings, the precious.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Great player and will do well in this division. Can't see Barnes cutting it in Prem though so depends if that's where you're realistically aiming? If it's top half and some play-offs though he's deffo a very useful piece! Worth far more but then 6 months on contract so

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Why wouldn't he be? I don't believe you're allowed to write that into a (sale) contract.

I think you may be right but I also think I can vaguely recall gentleman's agreements of this sort on permanent transfers in the past (can't think of any specifics though!).

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Big big season for us , as it is the last year of our parachute payments

And this is why a club getting 12k a week can offer more to a player than a team averaging 26k each game.
A few people on threads have been wondering why. It's bollox I says.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You can write what you want in a contract as long as both parties agree. It's not a conventional clause though so I doubt it's true.
In the world of business, maybe, but the FA (and UEFA, FIFA) are allowed to have rules that govern what you can put in a contract, and I believe it's against their rules for you to have such a clause.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
In the world of business, maybe, but the FA (and UEFA, FIFA) are allowed to have rules that govern what you can put in a contract, and I believe it's against their rules for you to have such a clause.

It is against the rules. It's that third party ownership thing. A Gentlemen's Agreement is apparently fine, but contractual clauses are not. As in the links I posted earlier.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2007/may/11/newsstory.sport8

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...won-t-play-against-Everton-article876158.html

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Three quarters of the fans are gutted we let him go for £750k, the other quarter would have snapped your hand off if you'd offered £75.
Fixed your post.

Barnes may have divided opinion but nowhere near down the middle.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Burnley must surely be exceeding expectations? Ings has stepped up a couple of levels and (with good management) has dragged Vokes up with him, this has put them in their lofty position. I still have a nagging doubt whether they will stay the pace, and keeping Ings will be vital. IF Ings is as good as our Burnley friend believes, then surely teams like West Ham, Cardiff, Fulham, Norwich, Villa, Sunderland etc will try and grab him this month....lets face it £8m would be difficult to turn down.

That said, I'd much prefer Burnley to get promotion than the likes of QPR, Leicester and Forest. They have got where they are by good management, canny buys and a decent team ethic rather than throwing money around.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here