Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Singers you really respect!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Extremely subjective!

Pavarotti, callas, Caruso, te kanawa, Domingo.

I guess this is about respect for the person, not the voice specifically.

So: Jarvis Cocker, great character, true English eccentric.

Joe Strummer (RIP)

Jack White

Although I love their voices, too.

Yes, No, no. I am not ashamed to say I find Ellie Goulding's voice unique and like it.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I know he's not everyone's cup of tea but i think David Gray is a decent live performer/songwriter. Whenever i've seen him being interviewed he speaks a lot of sense, regarding the X-Factor amongst other topics.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Joe Strummer. I liked his outlook on life, the world and what he stood for as well as his great music. Gruff Rhys has always amused me.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Cher,

Yes ok ok, l know she isn't everyone's cup of tea, she is 67 now and has obviously got a good surgeon, but she has been performing for nearly 50 years, is an absolute icon, and still, for me, has an amazing voice.

I also get the feeling, that underneath all the marketing and the hype, she is still the same simple Cher she always was.

I'm a fan ... can you tell?

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
I know people didn't like her on the other thread, but Jessie J for me. To suffer a stroke at 18 to be told she may never speak or sing again, and then to do what she has done, fair play to her.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
I absolutely love these guys..... K-Ci & JoJo (fav the one with deeper voice K-Ci)

Had their fair share of problems with drink and drugs, but now bringing out new material again. So much respect, being in the entertainment world from young children and not knowing anything else.

Here is a classic cover of Stevie Wonders brilliant 'Lately'

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Bob Dylan.

Neil Simon.

Been to concerts by both, one in 1978 and the other in 1992. Both VFM, Simon played thru a rainstorm which had shut down the Adelaide GP, and left a load of the crowd seething after only about 12 laps. His set was brill. Wish I could have a CD of it.

Dallas Green - a beautiful voice and a brilliant songwriter: I present to you 'Comin' Home by City and Colour'. If anyone appreciates acoustic guitar, I recommend this.

Never heard of him but having watched this I am keen to hear more. Will check out his back catalogue on Spotify.

Give this a listen (please) - saw him supporting "Show of Hands" - wandered in with my pint halfway through this song and was immediately hooked.

Or even this guy who I would love to see live.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here