Singers you really respect!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
According to Mick Avory Ray and his brother Dave D were not the most talented or friendly of people, so I hear.

True spokespeople and shamen should have far more to think about than being nice to people. They should be all consumed with finding truth and expressing it, with following an idea and seeing it through.

One Direction are nice boys and they have no place in my ears.

Nice boys don't pay rock n roll!

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Paul Rodgers, amazing voice.

Govinda Tim

Apr 13, 2012
Brighton
Michael Franti :bowdown:
His early stuff with The Disposable Heroes Of HipHopracy and his later work with Spearhead, especially the Album, Stay Human which takes the form of a radio program transmitting in the lead up to and subsequent carrying out of a state execution of an innocent person under the 3 strikes and your out policy of the United States. Love Kamikaze is also another favourite.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Joan Baez - for the decades!

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Surprised no one's said Aretha Franklin. I R.E.S.P.E.C.T her. Don't like her music, mind. Shit.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Steve Winwood - an amazingly talented musician and seems like a decent chap.

Joe Jackson - not afraid of taking a completely different direction with his music even if it wasn't beneficial to his career.

Mark Hollis - had had enough of the music business so decided to give it all up. A brilliant writer and passionate vocalist.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Van Morrison, Stevie Wonder, Minnie Ripperton, Don Blackmon, Patrice Rushen, Sheree Brown, Marvin Gaye & many more. I love an expressive voice and one of the finest I have heard is Ray Lamontagne, I think he is sadly underrated but has an amazingly expressive voice.

Apr 12, 2011
Tell you what, never paid him too much attention until I saw the Princes Trust Rock Gala at the albert hall a few years back, and he stood in for Freddie Mercury with Brian May and Rogee Taylor, absolutely brilliant job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports