Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] since when must it be true about......because its on Twitter,Facebook, etc

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Having read various threads on new manager, transfer policy. why he left, why x wont join, or any one of other numerous stories , it becomes apparant that there is a sizeable and increasing % on NSC that are of the opinion that whatever they have read on various social media must be true

One of the recent ones being that we are definitley in for McKenna, and if Chelsea gazump us its Potter (it may of course be true) but when did the great and good of NSC believe anything from the world wide interweb

We are going down the route of believing things with very little ,if any evidence, other than rumour and then everyone getting upset when whichever rumour it is turns out to be complete bollocks. Surely we know by now that just because someone reports that someone said that they heard from their sisters best mate that we are definitley maybe getting that geezer from Ipswich, doesnt make it so

If he ends up at Chelsea-it doesnt necessarily mean they beat us to him, or if we appoint someone else it doesnt mean he was 3rd choice after whoever.

The club generally do things behind closed doors on the downlow, we are all guilty odf reading tyoo much into too little, too quickley.

RDZ has been gone 3 days, and yet we are taking to long apparantly

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Having read various threads on new manager, transfer policy. why he left, why x wont join, or any one of other numerous stories , it becomes apparant that there is a sizeable and increasing % on NSC that are of the opinion that whatever they have read on various social media must be true

One of the recent ones being that we are definitley in for McKenna, and if Chelsea gazump us its Potter (it may of course be true) but when did the great and good of NSC believe anything from the world wide interweb

We are going down the route of believing things with very little ,if any evidence, other than rumour and then everyone getting upset when whichever rumour it is turns out to be complete bollocks. Surely we know by now that just because someone reports that someone said that they heard from their sisters best mate that we are definitley maybe getting that geezer from Ipswich, doesnt make it so

If he ends up at Chelsea-it doesnt necessarily mean they beat us to him, or if we appoint someone else it doesnt mean he was 3rd choice after whoever.

The club generally do things behind closed doors on the downlow, we are all guilty odf reading tyoo much into too little, too quickley.

I think any comments about how long it’s taking are tongue in cheek and yes of course we’ll comment on and discuss bollocks posted in the Media. 21st century football

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
What some people on here fail to recognise is that they are creating the stories that the online media are regurgitating...I actually wonder if a lot of the hype in the media about RDZ being unhappy could have very well come from these pages...People post their opinion on here on whether RDZ and how they interpret his Italia-English, then nod their heads sagely when an online sporting pundit repeats it a day or two later, then they say well look at that lots of online media is saying it now....well it came from you you plonker....

This is exactly why at times like this I spend less time on NSC...its going to be a long summer of shaking my head at the theories otherwise....Bob's aunties sisters cousin with the black dog with pink underpants from Pontefract knows more than Tony Bloom you see...

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I ignore any facebook posts but my mate believes every one of them.
Over the past few months he's told me about our new £8 million player, RDZ has signed for Chelsea then Man Utd and we've signed some manager from Ipswich(!!!).

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
What some people on here fail to recognise is that they are creating the stories that the online media are regurgitating...I actually wonder if a lot of the hype in the media about RDZ being unhappy could have very well come from these pages...People post their opinion on here on whether RDZ and how they interpret his Italia-English, then nod their heads sagely when an online sporting pundit repeats it a day or two later, then they say well look at that lots of online media is saying it now....well it came from you you plonker....

This is exactly why at times like this I spend less time on NSC...its going to be a long summer of shaking my head at the theories otherwise....Bob's aunties sisters cousin with the black dog with pink underpants from Pontefract knows more than Tony Bloom you see...
👍

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Indeed.

But someone will say the falsism 'No smoke without fire' and that will be that.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
We can’t keep banging on about how brilliant our succession planning is, and then STILL take more than 48 hrs to appoint a new manager. 😏

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

There's also the odd tenner being paid to a bookie which pushes the odds up, just so they can say so and so is now in the running for the job.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
it’s a forum, people will post stuff they hear on a forum. 90% of rumours are usually derided immediately on here anyway with immediate cries of “west ham/villa/everton written all over it” or “if it hasn’t come from naylor then it’s not happening”, so if people are still treating them as gospel then i honestly don’t know what to say :shrug:

and as for any suggestions that stories in the paper about RDZ’s unhappiness came from here…. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
it’s a forum, people will post stuff they hear on a forum. 90% of rumours are usually derided immediately on here anyway, so if people are still treating them as gospel then i honestly don’t know what to say :shrug:

and as for any suggestions that stories in the paper about RDZ’s unhappiness came from here…. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
It has been proved that some journos get their stories from Nsc. There was one about a shop in Burgess Hill, iirc.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
It has been proved that some journos get their stories from Nsc. There was one about a shop in Burgess Hill, iirc.
i’m not saying the odd crackpot hack won’t look on here every now and then. but the stories about RDZ being unhappy and there being a rift between him and the board weren’t reported because of what was said on here, they were reported because they were true

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
i’m not saying the odd crackpot hack won’t look on here every now and then. but the stories about RDZ being unhappy and there being a rift between him and the board weren’t reported because of what was said on here, they were reported because they were true
Evidence?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Yep agree with all of this, there’s a a few regular re twits on here who love posting on here what other people of said on X

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk
Its all fake news until its true

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Paul Barber made a point, at one of the Fans Forums, about social media posts being 99% nonsense.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Many years ago I started a rumour about an Albion signing from Barcelona (fringe player) as well as a Serbian manager that I had hand picked as plausible.

The Barcelona player went viral and was eventually poo pooed by Naylor and died down.

I did it just to prove the point that 95% of what you read is utter tosh.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Many years ago I started a rumour about an Albion signing from Barcelona (fringe player) as well as a Serbian manager that I had hand picked as plausible.

The Barcelona player went viral and was eventually poo pooed by Naylor and died down.

I did it just to prove the point that 95% of what you read is utter tosh.
So you’re the one PBOBE was talking about. 😂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here