Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Since we signed Vicente its been going downhill..

goofball

Aug 24, 2011
Go back to the winning side..

Ankergren

Calderon Dunk Greer PainterNoone must start tonight!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
They are probably not linked events, but it is factually true that our results have not been as good since he arrived. He's our very own Rodney Marsh or Faustino Asprilla.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Vicente has unbalanced the side with his international level skill and vision. GET RID!

goofball

Aug 24, 2011
Ankergren

Calderon Dunk Greer Vincelot
Bridcutt Dicker Sparrow
Noone CMS Lualua

Barnes, Hoskins and Elliot Levy to come on.

No its not vicente fault, but hes upset dressing room probs..

Plus hes so over-rated, Noone has been our best player all year, but he doesnt even start cos of the spanish leg-end

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
N.O.N.S.E.N.S.E

just thought I'd spell it out for you

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Haha, yep Vicente is crap get rid

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
I was thinking the same thing last night and then recalled how Newcastle were looking good for the Premiership a number of years back, bought Tino Asprilla (a fantastic player) and results turned for the worse.

I think Vicente is a fanastic player and look great on Saturday, but sometimes the balance of the team can be upset with new/different style players.

TimWatt

Feb 13, 2011
Richmond
Only seen Vicente on telly v. Leeds - but I was at the Bristol City game the Saturday after he signed.

Which we won of course.... but in that game I could see that although we were much more positive and more skilful than our opponents, and dominated for 10 minute stretches here and there, we appeared fragile, and pretty uncoordinated in many attacks - as has been said lately.

Fair to say we deserved a draw that day and could have lost two goals easily in the last 5-10 minutes. One very lucky save indeed off Ankergren's shoulder I believe...

I think we won that game on positivity (City's manager programme notes even were a downer on his own club). So let's hope the fans don't give up on that advantage but allow Gus to build on it gradually, with the subsequent harsh lessons n'all.

TimWatt

Feb 13, 2011
Richmond
Meant to say that Vicente didn't play that day - but my point was it didn't look like his presence in the team wasn't needed!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Hard not to laugh at the OP, clearly knows zero about football.

Would you not just say its more likely that on average the teams we have played since he arrived have been better than those before?

However I particuarly think the Leeds draw was his fault, making us go 2 nil down whilst on the bench and playing no part in us going 3-2 up when he came on.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Ankergren

Calderon Dunk Greer Vincelot
Bridcutt Dicker Sparrow
Noone CMS Lualua

Barnes, Hoskins and Elliot Levy to come on.

No its not vicente fault, but hes upset dressing room probs..

Plus hes so over-rated, Noone has been our best player all year, but he doesnt even start cos of the spanish leg-end

Ay? If that's the same person I am thinking of then he is only 16 and playing for the youth team. :lolol:

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Only seen Vicente on telly v. Leeds - but I was at the Bristol City game the Saturday after he signed.

Which we won of course.... but in that game I could see that although we were much more positive and more skilful than our opponents, and dominated for 10 minute stretches here and there, we appeared fragile, and pretty uncoordinated in many attacks - as has been said lately.

Fair to say we deserved a draw that day and could have lost two goals easily in the last 5-10 minutes. One very lucky save indeed off Ankergren's shoulder I believe...

I think we won that game on positivity (City's manager programme notes even were a downer on his own club). So let's hope the fans don't give up on that advantage but allow Gus to build on it gradually, with the subsequent harsh lessons n'all.

Very good post imo. As you say the signs were already there. I'd be more worried about Vicente wanting rid now he's joined a team that he thought were potential winners of the dividion and realised they're clearly not.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Hard not to laugh at the OP, clearly knows zero about football.

Would you not just say its more likely that on average the teams we have played since he arrived have been better than those before?

However I particuarly think the Leeds draw was his fault, making us go 2 nil down whilst on the bench and playing no part in us going 3-2 up when he came on.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
We should build the team around Vicente, not drop him!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here