Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Since the end of the game on Monday i've been ....

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I was like a zombie yesterday. A very sad zombie at that.

I wanted comfort food for dinner to went to Tesco and to the "we'll make you a pizza" counter. Quite innocently, the "we'll make you a pizza" lady asked if it was going to be my dinner, to which I responded it was as I needed some fun food. She then asked why, and I genuinely struggled to hold it together as I explained. I'm a fully grown man (physically, if not mentally) for crying out loud.

Today, I'm about 1000 times better. I just don't need to see any pictures nor read any words about how the players felt on Monday night. That'd push me over the edge again.

Chin up matey. Wait for the first sunny day then go loon about at cricket! Go racing! Book a budget flight to somewhere - anywhere! Or at least hold it together til Double Domino's Tuesday :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm getting over it by putting up my Euro 2016 wallchart. Need my next fix of hope followed by disappointment.

View attachment 74852

OK I'm struggling with who the caricatures are. Inspector Clouseau, Prince Charles bottom left? Martin O'Neill in green with the leprechaun hat? Who is that scary looking woman beside Prince Charles or is that a man? Help with the others would be appreciated

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
OK I'm struggling with who the caricatures are. Inspector Clouseau, Prince Charles bottom left? Martin O'Neill in green with the leprechaun hat? Who is that scary looking woman beside Prince Charles or is that a man? Help with the others would be appreciated

~NotSureIfJoking?

The four seated (apart from mona lisa) are the four home nations managers - Hodgson, O'Neill, Coleman, O'Neill

And the players are Kane, Pogba, Bale, Zlatan, Ozil, Costa (who isn't going) and Ronaldo.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Tickets bought today for Middlesex v Sussex T20 June 16, taken the day off to watch the England v Wales game up at Baker Street before the T20. Will be buying an England ticket soon for the ODI's and booking a break to Spain in July... all's well :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
~NotSureIfJoking?

The four seated (apart from mona lisa) are the four home nations managers - Hodgson, O'Neill, Coleman, O'Neill

And the players are Kane, Pogba, Bale, Zlatan, Ozil, Costa (who isn't going) and Ronaldo.

No not joking, just not up on International managers and players and I still reckon that the one on the left looks more like Prince Charles than Hodgson!. Thanks, who is the waiter?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
im hazarding a guess that from your user name your either just starting supporting the Albion or young, or either both?

Get used to it mate, sharpish cus this sh!t happens a lot to Brighton.

Take a year off work, have a gap year and come back all fresh faced. :drama:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We had 4 opportunities and won no games....what's meant to be is meant to be :)
Hey don't let the facts get in the way of our rightful place in the Premier League.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
All this premier ready stuff is nonsense as most clubs are ready and Bournemouth didn't exactly struggle :)
When it's your time it will happen its that simple :)

Exactly this. It's far harder to get up to the Prem than stay up there. We used to play and beat at least half the teams in the Prem on a regular basis.Most of them are pure cannon fodder and nothing special. We're knocking on the door. Assuming we continue to build rather than the traditional sell, we'll go up to the next level as a force to be reckoned with.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The way Tony Bloom feels is more important. Will he release more funds to keep important players here, and add a few big signings, a 20 goal striker?

Or will he recognise that the big clubs coming down with parachute money and the other big spenders will more than likely keep Brighton away from promotion again next season.

He is losing 10 Million a year as it is. Gamble or accept are status as an established championship club. I cant blame his decision either way.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The way Tony Bloom feels is more important. Will he release more funds to keep important players here, and add a few big signings, a 20 goal striker?

Or will he recognise that the big clubs coming down with parachute money and the other big spenders will more than likely keep Brighton away from promotion again next season.

He is losing 10 Million a year as it is. Gamble or accept are status as an established championship club. I cant blame his decision either way.

The ONLY way he will turn round the losses is if we reach the Prem. He will invest to go for it again.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
There will be a lot of hard work going on behind the scenes that we have no idea about but one thing for sure...... Us fans have got to start raising the roof more often like we did on Monday and that starts - and full credit to them, they were amazing - with the north stand.
The right strikers coming in and we will be buzzing come August. At the moment I am living off Punk IPA and Valium to get me through the disappointment . There is a delayed reaction to going out and it kicked in big time yesterday.

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Yeah true. 4 year CH plan coupled with some new contracts for our key players will be great.

If we can keep the core of the team together this summer plus adding a few gems we are going to be a bloody force

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I really hope the Amex faithful have turned the corner and realise we as fans can put teams and refs under real pressure at home. Loved the way in the first half every time Wednesday tried to get a chant going it was drowned out by deafening whistles and jeers superb stuff lets keep it up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here