Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simpsons Tapped Out....

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Can't you use your virtual 'million bucks' to buy donuts? I think you can then you get new stuff.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Username?

Knew about the Homer one right at the start that gives you 10 donuts but not sure about any others. Looks like Squidport tile glitch has been rumbled now as well

Google "actual corn donut glitch" or jail break an old iPod. No one should ever have to pay money for an app game IMO.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
Google "actual corn donut glitch" or jail break an old iPod. No one should ever have to pay money for an app game IMO.

And then why would any developers want to create app games? These games aren't being created by geeks in their bedrooms as a hobby.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
They make most of their revenue through advertising and sponsorship actually. Only a minority spend money on free apps like tapped out to unlock additional items, which I think is wrong. I have no problems with people buying useful apps, because I do! :)

have you seen how much they charge for donuts? its extortion.

A large proportion of freemium games are a demonstration of the black depths the human soul will sink to - that games designers will construct such clever and expensive milking machines and, even worse, than some poor saps will pay it.

I played the Simpsons Tapped Out for about 3 weeks this time last year, until I realised that I was just doing it for the sake of it and was soon going to hit a point where the only way to make progress was to make ridiculously expensive IAP. I try a few games and then drop them when I hit the point that I'm clearly just grinding levels or an IAP is required to continue. I downloaded Angry Birds Go! yesterday, which is bad (although not Simpsons bad) - one of the karts can only be purchased through a £34.99 (yes, £34.99!) IAP. Absolute gits the lot of them.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
you think that is bad...play MEGAPOLIS. It starts off ok then you suddenly realise that to build special things you have to spend huge amounts of wonga on it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here