Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Simple straw poll: New Home Shirt - YAY/NAY ?

New Home Shirt

• YAY

Votes: 96 15.8%
  • NAY

Votes: 403 66.5%
  • M-EH

Votes: 107 17.7%

• Total voters

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
having now seen both the home and away shirts "up close and personal" in the club shop my opinion of both is changing. The away kit looks great-definitley gone from an its ok to quite liking it

The home kit looks much better as the "H" is not so apparent when its not being looked at directly from the front as in a picture or on a stationary Fat Boy Slim with his arms outstretched. Ive gone from "its horrendous" to "its starting to grow on me-not as bad as first thought"

View attachment 150268

All I see is a f*cking great H

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It’s a terrible design.

I can’t believe some people say they can’t vote on Tapatalk. It’s that bad that it’s worth the effort of tapping the three dots top right and selecting “web view” in order to place that vote. My normal default to any poll is that I can’t be arsed on Tapatalk, but I made an exception in this instance.

Edit:
Actually, I’m pleased if few people like it. I haven’t bought a replica shirt since Nike have been making them anyway, but we (as in humans in general) need to stop buying disposable fashion to replace stuff that’s still wearable. There’s still nothing wrong with most of my Skint shirts and I don’t need a new football shirt. The clubs should do their bit for the climate emergency by not relying on everyone buying a new shirt every year. It’s the sort of decision that has to be made, ignoring the financial consequences, if we are going to save our planet. That is precisely why habits need to change. Don’t buy your kids or yourself a new shirt every year. You don’t need it.

Aren't you presuming that people throw away their old shirts with your reference to disposable fashion? I've got both new ones, pretty much as I do each year and I regularly wear the old ones as well. The new ones will purely be for match days until next season.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Aren't you presuming that people throw away their old shirts with your reference to disposable fashion? I've got both new ones, pretty much as I do each year and I regularly wear the old ones as well. The new ones will purely be for match days until next season.

True to an extent. I just mean we all have too many clothes in general and I still have too many football shirts having not bought one for several years. We all just need to buy less new stuff.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Well I don't hate it as much as I first did, though that may just be the mental scar healing and it's still minging.
Still could change my vote to Meh in a decade or so.

Jul 7, 2003
Went into the pop up shop at Churchill Square earlier. The away kit looks better in the polyester than it did in the photos.

I wish I could say the same for the home kit. Looks just as bad and the back makes it look even worse if you are not getting a name and number put on.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I took young Miss GB to Churchill Sq today for new trainers. Walked straight past the club shop in that shopping centre.

The crimson kit looks much better in real life. The home shirt looks much worse.

The home shirt looks really good, on the players, and with the white shorts and socks. But not as an XL on a growing gut with jeans.

Same for most of our home kits really.

Another who checked out the shop window in Churchill and I thought the shirt looked better in the flesh. Bless ‘im, perhaps Norman Cook isn’t the best front guy for it. While I won’t be buying either as ever, my son is turning into one of the want every season’s new shirt brigade so I’ll imagine I’ll be handing over cash for the away one shortly

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
1.jpg

I think it looks great as a PLAYING kit. I'm not so sure as just a match day shirt in XXL with grubby jeans.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Well, was in Churchill Square and thought I'd check out the new home and away kit... slightly puzzled as I expected the store to be in its normal position, in the western "arm" leading to Western Road, but it's on the eastern "arm". Anyway, I digress.

I caved and bought the home top. Looked a lot better in the flesh, and the ladies on the till agreed that FBS wasn't necessarily the best model for the kit, especially as his was too tight for a non-sportsman. With the top looser, it looks a lot better.

While I like the design of the away top, it is far too bright for me. The ladies said that it has been incredibly popular with kids, but with adults, not so much, although popular with runners and cyclists apparently. I had to agree when one said it was a bit like a highlighter pen! :lol: It's strange though as the "volt" top I still love and wear, and that's pretty bright.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Oddly enough, it looks much better when worn by a professional footballer rather than a 58 year old DJ who's had a hard paper round :shrug:

I'm still not sold on the shirt design - but much of that is because the design is compromised right form the outset by that stupid 'yoke' panel that Nike shirts feature this year. (Unlike Nike to manufacture shirts using a template entirely unsuited to football strips that feature more than one colour, obvs).

BUT...I really like the shorts and socks.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Visited the pop up shop today and saw both new kits in the flesh. Sorry but it’s a no from me for both of them. However, I was impressed with the Albion related pet doggy products. Woof woof for the little coats. Complete with crest and paw prints.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I hereby withdraw my objection to the new shirt. I apologise to all those I insulted with my ill-informed comments, and I would like to assure everybody that I've take the opportunity to re-educate myself, and I now accept that it's great.

(No, seriously it has really grown on me. Mind you the two away wins have helped immensely!)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone want to change their vote? 🤣

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
It has certainly grown on me. Not our best kit but not terrible by a long way. Its looks fine as kit for the players, not so much as a fashion item.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here