[Albion] Simple straw poll: New Home Shirt - YAY/NAY ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Home Shirt

• YAY

Votes: 96 15.8%
  • NAY

Votes: 403 66.5%
  • M-EH

Votes: 107 17.7%

• Total voters

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
C7190E32-025B-481F-83C4-B6C2614E6181.jpeg

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
I can’t speak for everyone, but my requirements are simple. Blue and white vertical stripes, and a Seagulls badge. Last season’s kit was pretty much perfect to my mind, that’s what a Brighton & Hove Albion team should look like.

How is it possible, that with the above being our key visual identity or brand, the club have signed off on a giant white H with yellow trim? Is there nobody at the club who recognises their own brand?

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Looks like letter "H". Too much yelloe no stripes. Looks nothing lime a Seagulls shirt. Quite embarressing really. I shall stick with my "Skint" shirt. Only 9% fans like it but it wont matter as the club dont care.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
My kids, 13 and 9, HATE it.

That was of course tongue in cheek :p

But in all seriousness, I suspect your kids might not be representative of the masses - as a long term superfan would it be fair to say you've influenced them to be more traditional? (Not a criticism, it's quite right!)

Genuine opinion, it's not the best but definitely not as bad as the withdean sky blue stripes, the 90s thin stripes or the gillingham ss kits.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Saved you some money then, every cloud and all that. :)

Well the irony is, I bought a mascot package for one of them today... and they get the kit as part of that. :facepalm:

Gonna ask the club he can have an away kit... (but I think we know the answer)

as a long term superfan would it be fair to say you've influenced them to be more traditional?

Well, I didn't give an opinion before I got theirs. In fact, I'm still not criticising it at home for the reason above!

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
A fantastic example of group think. Why did no one have the gumption to stand up and say that it’s crap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Usually with kits I don’t like them…and they grow on me.

Somehow sadly I don’t think this one will.

Unless it takes us to Europe.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Didn't the club have the nous to actually ask a focus group of fans what they thought before opting
for that monstrosity?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Well the irony is, I bought a mascot package for one of them today... and they get the kit as part of that. :facepalm:

Gonna ask the club he can have an away kit... (but I think we know the answer)

No harm in asking if they can have the away kit.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Awful kit, but I never buy them and all I really need personally is to be able to see the players' numbers from the WSU.

As long as I can pick out the number on the back it could pretty much be any blue and white combo.

That said, Nike template kits are pretty much all horrible. Connolly might be playing in a league down in a different country but that training hoody he was pictured in at Venizia is the only bit of mainstream football clobber I've wanted to own in a long time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports