Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Simple question

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think he means could you give anyone reading a clue as to what the question is about in the thread title.........

‘Simple question about mini USB HDMI cables’ perhaps ?

I have a tablet that doesnt have an hdmi socket so to transmit a film or whatever to the tv I need to connect a lead with hdmi socket on it to the only available socket. being the charging port. Which I have the HDMI adaptor for. What I need is a lead to plug into that same socket but with a twin outlet to plug this same HDMI adaptor into and also a power lead so that the battery doesnt die. What I asked was if this one port can do both supply power and also transmit via the HDMI adaptor. I think the answer could possibly be no it cant be done

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Like this ?

REALMAX[emoji2400] 2m Micro USB to HDMI Cable Adapter MHL for Samsung Galaxy S3/S4/S5, Note 2, Note 3, Note 8.0, Note 10.1 to 1080P HDTV (Red) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0153PWWB6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_-cO-BbQVTQH5A

No as I have one of those but it only allows the hdmi converter to be used. I need to use the converter plus a mini usb to usb charging lead as well, if the tablet can cope with a dual function from one port.

Reading the description of the item that dazzer6666 posted it seems that is exactly what you are requesting.

Installation
This Cable has 3 ends, each end goes into different port, refer picture to recognized which end goes into which port
1) Insert HDMI part of MHL cable into TV.
2) Insert USB part of MHL Adapter into USB Wall charger which came with the phone. Warning If you will use an unapproved wall charger then MHL adaptor might not function properly.
3) Insert Micro USB into phone. ( Do not connect MHL cable to your device through Desktop dock. Video and Audio output will not work correctly).

although it says phone the same will apply to your tablet.

Is it still not what you are looking for?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Reading the description of the item that dazzer6666 posted it seems that is exactly what you are requesting.

although it says phone the same will apply to your tablet.

Is it still not what you are looking for?

Will this plug fit into my tablet socket which is a mini usb socket? I didnt realise it had 3 parts so it may well work provided the mini usb male fits into my tablet. female socket

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Will this plug fit into my tablet socket which is a mini usb socket? I didnt realise it had 3 parts so it may well work provided the mini usb male fits into my tablet. female socket

Well it says micro usb, are you getting confused with micro and mini usb?

The Samsung website spec sheet on the 'net states that the Galaxy 3 has a micro usb connector.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I probably am describing it incorrectly. It is only £7 shall get my sister in law to order it on her prime account for me thus saving delivery chargers with Amazon.assuming here is a delivery charge.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I have a tablet that doesnt have an hdmi socket so to transmit a film or whatever to the tv I need to connect a lead with hdmi socket on it to the only available socket. being the charging port. Which I have the HDMI adaptor for. What I need is a lead to plug into that same socket but with a twin outlet to plug this same HDMI adaptor into and also a power lead so that the battery doesnt die. What I asked was if this one port can do both supply power and also transmit via the HDMI adaptor. I think the answer could possibly be no it cant be done

Same answer... bluetooth.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think he means could you give anyone reading a clue as to what the question is about in the thread title.........

‘Simple question about mini USB HDMI cables’ perhaps ?

Thanks Daz. We tried!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Having looked into this myself you are betting off "casting", i.e. transmitting the video from the tablet to the TV wirelessly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here