[Albion] Simon Sissling RiP

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So aged 42??? That’s really sad .

Like I said earlier he was in my brother's school year. I'm not sure when his birthday was but Simon was either 45 or 46 - also confirmed by the date and age on the giant flag story.

Not that it really matters, either age is far, far too soon :(

But I think the record should be straight so the thread can carry on in tribute mode.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
RIP Simon , very sad news

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
That's a real shame. I too used to work with him at Amex many moons ago. Lovely chap.

RIP

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
2nd February 2002

Fans flag up dirtiness of club symbol

One of the biggest flags in the world is to be given a clean.

Brighton and Hove Albion's supporters flag is filthy after being unfurled by fans at the team's games this season.

The blue and white striped flag measures 64ft by 32ft and carries the club's Seagull logo.

Fans raised £2,000 to have the flag made and pass it over the heads of the crowd until it is unfurled before the Albion team takes to the pitch.

Credit analyst Simon Sissling takes it to every home game at Withdean stadium.

Simon, 26, of Welbeck Avenue, Hove, said: "It is absolutely filthy after being used since the start of the season.

"It gets laid on the ground and covered in mud on both sides because people walk over it.

"It is far too big to put in a washing machine so we had to think of a way of getting it clean."

Hove businessman Robbie Raggio, a family friend, has offered to get the job done.

Mr Raggio, who owns Hove station's car wash, said staff could use the power jets to clean the flag in sections.

Simon said: "We have got to get together to work out exactly how it can be done to prevent the clean sections getting dirty again once they have been washed.

"It is one of the biggest flags in the world so it should be quite a sight when the lads at the car wash get to work on it."

The flag has been dedicated to the memory of Albion fan Robert Eaton, who died in the terrorist attack on the World Trade Centre in New York on September 11 last year.

Mr Eaton, 37, a former Sussex schoolboy and lifelong Albion fan, worked there as a merchant banker.

Simon also wants to hear from fans willing to take the flag to away games as he is unable to get to all the matches.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/5136999.fans-flag-up-dirtiness-of-club-symbol/

As NSC hearts turn at this time towards thoughts of 9/11 and memories of the loss of one of our own, it's both fitting and heartbreakingly poignant that Simon should be connected here.

For me, the giant flag and the REMF were NSC's finest moments when we all came together to create something beautiful.

Simon was part of this.
Great post

RIP Fellow Seagull

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
RIP Simon - I didn't know him per-se, but spoke to him a few times when I was working in night clubs in Worthing & Brighton

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I met Simon a few times, he loved the Komedia and generally lived life to the full. He was a genuinely lovely Fella

RIP Simon

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I hadn't spoken to him in years, but there was a time when we'd see each other a lot in the nightclubs of Brighton. Far too young. RIP Simon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here