Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Simon Rusk leaving.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
This really would be the perfect opportunity opportunity to bring Calderon back to the club.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Mark McGhee is now being touted as Rusk's Assistant Manager.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
We should be looking for someone with the potential to become first team manager in due course.

Might there be a possibility of poaching Rosenior back from Derby? He was certainly overlooked for the top job.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We should be looking for someone with the potential to become first team manager in due course.

Might there be a possibility of poaching Rosenior back from Derby? He was certainly overlooked for the top job.
Rosenior is assistant manager now at Derby. U21s at the albion is probably a backwards step for him ?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Don't understand the fascination or requirement to get an ex player in for the role. The days of jobs for the boys went when Dick Knight left.

I'm sure Bloom will get whoever is the best fit for the role. If that happens to be an ex player than great. I certainly won't be disappointed if it isn't.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Rosenior is assistant manager now at Derby. U21s at the Albion is probably a backwards step for him ?

A PL2 job or a assistant in the Championship. You could argue it either way.

Ultimately Liam is prepared to play the long game to get his career going. I'd rather learn from Potter than Rooney if I was in his position.

If we made a play for him, we could get him.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Ultimately Liam is prepared to play the long game to get his career going. I'd rather learn from Potter than Rooney if I was in his position.

Great shout. Would love to see Liam come back to the club.

Don’t know why we let him go to be honest.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016

Are you seriously suggesting that he'd choose to leave the best English player in the last 50 years to "learn from" Potter? That's ridiculous, he'd be far better off sticking with Wayne Rooney and I have absolutely no doubt at all that Liam Rosenior will not be our next U23 manager.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Don't understand the fascination or requirement to get an ex player in for the role. The days of jobs for the boys went when Dick Knight left.

I'm sure Bloom will get whoever is the best fit for the role. If that happens to be an ex player than great. I certainly won't be disappointed if it isn't.

A) You could call it jobs for the boys, or you could call it a bootroom culture

B) we blatantly have ex players on the payroll. Bruno for one

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
A) You could call it jobs for the boys, or you could call it a bootroom culture

B) we blatantly have ex players on the payroll. Bruno for one

A) Call it what you ****ing like.....nepotism would probably be the word I'd use.

B) Didn't say that we didn't. In fact I said it's great if we can go down that route. The point I was making it should be whoever is best qualified for the role not just someone who once played for the club.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

He left his job as assistant U23's coach here to take up a first team coach job at Derby, he's now assistant manager there. No way would he be interested in returning to U23's football even if it was a head coach/manager. The lure of first team football management/coaching beats PL2 every day, that's why we are losing our head coach to a non league side.

DynamoKid

Jan 11, 2021
Must be someone inside to takeover short term who could get the job long term? Who would make that decision? Anyone know wat happens? Potter would need to be involved ? as it feeds first team squad?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well l can kind of understand it from their point of view, a namby pamby southerner, who they know nothing about.

One things for certain, he won't find it easy managing a no nonsense bunch of adult footballers in the Conference. I do wish him well though, he deserves his chance.
Indeed.

I had the same reaction when Paul Clement was linked with our managerial vacancy - when all he had done at that point was rearrange the cones at Real Madrid !

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Are you seriously suggesting that he'd choose to leave the best English player in the last 50 years to "learn from" Potter? That's ridiculous, he'd be far better off sticking with Wayne Rooney and I have absolutely no doubt at all that Liam Rosenior will not be our next U23 manager.

He doesn't need to learn about being a player though does he?

Can you point to the managerial & coaching experience Rooney is supposed to draw upon to help develop Liam Rosenior as a coach?

If you wanted to learn how to run a supermarket, would you prefer to learn from the manager at your local Sainsbury who has run 3 supermarkets of different sizes, or go and work with the bloke who's been in his first managers job at Morrison's for a few weeks just because he used to be the fastest shelf stacker for Waitrose?

I'm not saying he should, or will come by the way - I just think your logic is weird

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
He doesn't need to learn about being a player though does he?

Can you point to the managerial & coaching experience Rooney is supposed to draw upon to help develop Liam Rosenior as a coach?

If you wanted to learn how to run a supermarket, would you prefer to learn from the manager at your local Sainsbury who has run 3 supermarkets of different sizes, or go and work with the bloke who's been in his first managers job at Morrison's for a few weeks just because he used to be the fastest shelf stacker for Waitrose?

I'm not saying he should, or will come by the way - I just think your logic is weird

Well quite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here