Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Simon Jordan

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
I've tried to listen but can't hurdle the overpowering private number plate/Tory/Brexit/skiing holiday vibes

Get yourself down to ToolStation and pick up a mouthwatering Big Mac and fries on the way. McDonald’s, we’ve got you covered, or however the bullshit goes. How can people listen to that shit? Oh for a commercial-free sports station in this country, and R5 sure ain’t it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Get yourself down to ToolStation and pick up a mouthwatering Big Mac and fries on the way. McDonald’s, we’ve got you covered, or however the bullshit goes. How can people listen to that shit? Oh for a commercial-free sports station in this country, and R5 sure ain’t it.

It used to be :down:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

There are some very decent podcasts out there - but I've pretty much stopped listening to R5Live (except for live commentaries when I'm in the car).

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I enjoy his banter when he talks about Brighton FC quite often when Barber makes a regular guest appearance. Usually there is a grudging respect.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
He talks sense on a Radio station that is full of absolute *****. So much nonsense is spoken about that its just good to hear someone with a more rounded opinion. Doesnt mean hes not a **** though.

Did make me laugh when he called Ryan Fraser a Turd a few weeks back.

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
Do they still do the Tradepoint advert set to the music of Vindaloo?? A masterpiece if ever I heard one.

:O

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I don't like him, but he does provide a good ex-owner of a football club perspective. There is no real comparable pundit?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
TalkSPORT Monday-Thursday, 10am-1pm.

As is the general consensus on here unfortunately I've found myself agreeing with a lot he says, and the forthright way he puts it across. He speaks his mind without being overly bothered if it upsets someone, and cuts right across the DRIVEL routinely spouted by that sycophantic cretin Jim Shite.

You do get the impression that if he was an ice cream he'd lick himself though.

Nailed it. Probably one of the few people who can - or are prepared - to challenge Gobshite White.

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019
Heard him say Brighton fans were Bourgeois on Talk Sport .Personally i think i am bouncing along at the bottom rather then Bourgeois although if that is the case are Palace Fans a lower class then ? He did annoy some Albion fans in Jan 2007 with some comments about Albion fans that did not go down well on NSC.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
A grandstanding tit.

Talking all eloquently like that is the same thing as Southgate's waistcoat.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I like him and when he used to be on SSN Transfer Window programmes.

A true insight into the slippery world of agents and underhand tactics in the football industry.

Arrogant, opinionated, only he knows best on absolutely everything, but at least he’s not a fence sitting bore.

Regarding the David Sullivan interview, he was repeatedly damning of the previous manager’s (Pelligrini) transfer buys. Giving an unbalanced squad of wingers and duffers who’d cost a fortune. They gave him a lot of autonomy. They’re still unravelling the mess. He was also interesting in openly talking about the sky high fees being sought now, at a time where club income is down markedly.

All about opinions, but FWIW I believed the explanation.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
The more I listen to him, the more I realise he's got an opinion about everything, and he thinks he's always right. If you got talking to him at a party, you would quickly realise it's time to get another drink. People who speak at 100 miles an hour, generally do it to get as much out as possible whilst preventing other people from saying their bit.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I like him and when he used to be on SSN Transfer Window programmes.

A true insight into the slippery world of agents and underhand tactics in the football industry.

Arrogant, opinionated, only he knows best on absolutely everything, but at least he’s not a fence sitting bore.

Regarding the David Sullivan interview, he was repeatedly damning of the previous manager’s (Pelligrini) transfer buys. Giving an unbalanced squad of wingers and duffers who’d cost a fortune. They gave him a lot of autonomy. They’re still unravelling the mess. He was also interesting in openly talking about the sky high fees being sought now, at a time where club income is down markedly.

All about opinions, but FWIW I believed the explanation.

In a way, you can admire the fact that Sullivan and Gold give their managers autonomy and usually stick by them, very much as TB does. That worked against them when they let the utterly hopeless Avram Grant get them relegated, but is usually better than having the sort of itchy trigger finger that many owners have. The reason West Ham are so disliked inside football is more to do with Karren Brady, though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here