Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simon Jordan in the Observer today

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Sneaky George said:
I have to say I thought it was an interesting piece. At least he's chairman who's prepared to say something when so many aren't.

I am not his biggest fan Sneaky but he will stand up for what he believes in and it does get people's backs up what he says sometimes but he just doesnt care. For that i admire him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hate to say it but he seems to have done pretty well for the scummers :(

very easy to dislike though :clap2: :clap2:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Icy Gull said:
Hate to say it but he seems to have done pretty well for the scummers :(

very easy to dislike though :clap2: :clap2:

Your too kind mate! He's a Palace fan which helps but i can see why people would take umbrage to him, young bloke, minted, and speaks his mind not a great combination in this country! :rolleyes:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
AJ's Love Monkey said:
And remember you are a Brighton fan slagging off Palace?! ???
Priceless

If you click on 'edit', you can add comments to previous posts you've made. At the moment, you seem like a dull schizophrenic arguing with himself about his favourite colour of peahen.

larus

It may seem like he caries on a one-man crusade against what he perceives to be the failings of the football world, but I cannot find fault with anything that he has said.

Forget the fact he's Palace chairman, look at the points that he's raising.

Sven having a £4.5m sack caluse in his contract if he fails, hmm, not good by the FA if you ask me.

Managers wanting to take a job to get back in the frame, then leave when a 'better/bigger' job comes along. You sign a contract, you honour it.

Managers agreeing to performance targets seems like a good idea. If you can't do the job on what is being offered by the chariman, don't take the job. If you do and you fail, you should accept the consequences, it happens in the real world.

There is no loyalty in football at the moment, only the lure of money, from most chairman and top players. He may not be the nicest guy in the world (but I don't know him, so I can't comment), but he does seem to stick by what he thinks is right.

I will respect him for that.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Meade's_Ball said:
If you click on 'edit', you can add comments to previous posts you've made. At the moment, you seem like a dull schizophrenic arguing with himself about his favourite colour of peahen.

Not at all i like to think i live in the real world unlike some mate I love banter its the rerason as a Palace fan i post on here but there's a difference between banter and stupidity wouldnt you say? :jester:

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
The thing i was most encouraged by was this bit:

"THE REAL TARGET, of course, is to avoid getting into the situation in the first place. Iain's now on an extended contract and it's been well-earned. Bruce has shown you can never stop a good manager leaving, but if someone comes in for Iain, I'm confident he'll stay. I think he believes in me, he values the strength of our bond, he fits the club and knows he can shape it as he wants to."

It seems SJ and ID do generally have a good working relationship which is unusal for anyone working for our chairman. I really feel that if we can get promoted this season this club has a very good chance of survival in the Prem and a very bright future. As Orange would say....The Futures Bright, The Futures Palace
:lolol:

Dont you think AJLM? :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Would now be a good time to change the conversation to NSC's favourite London team - Tottingham Hotspurs :rolleyes:

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
larus said:
It may seem like he caries on a one-man crusade against what he perceives to be the failings of the football world, but I cannot find fault with anything that he has said.

Managers wanting to take a job to get back in the frame, then leave when a 'better/bigger' job comes along. You sign a contract, you honour it.

There is no loyalty in football at the moment, only the lure of money, from most chairman and top players. He may not be the nicest guy in the world (but I don't know him, so I can't comment), but he does seem to stick by what he thinks is right.

I will respect him for that.

On the one hand he talks about loyalty, then he launches a personal attack at Gradi for being the exact type of manager that he wants at clubs.

He's a tosser. A Grade A tosser at that.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
He is a bit of a twerp - but he is entertaining while he is doing it. A change to hear someone not spout the usual bland nonsense. The stuff he wrote about John Fashanu was very funny.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dick Knights Mum said:
He is a bit of a twerp - but he is entertaining while he is doing it. A change to hear someone not spout the usual bland nonsense. The stuff he wrote about John Fashanu was very funny.

yup, you don't have to like the bloke to find it an entertaining read - and refreshing to have something that's not filtered through the corporate publicity machine before it reaches the printed page

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
A mate & I once applied for the palarse job(about 25 years ago)
told them we were current internationals as we'd played against some spanish waiters on benidorm beach the previous month.
they replied saying that after much consideration they felt that at the time their managers job was too big a step up for us.
It shows that even wankers have a sense of humour.

Simon Jordan is an annoying nob but regularly says what others should be saying

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
I like the way he speaks his mind and he obviously put Andy Johnson right too.

However, if you read between the lines, he comes out as a bit of a control freak, constantly refering to MY money etc, it's also to some degree that of the fans who do not seem to warrant a mention.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
the wanderbus said:
A mate & I once applied for the palarse job(about 25 years ago)
told them we were current internationals as we'd played against some spanish waiters on benidorm beach the previous month.
they replied saying that after much consideration they felt that at the time their managers job was too big a step up for us.

you could still have done better than the palace job.

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
I probably need a kicking for saying this but I actually like the fella. He's got cajones and I agree with most of what he says about the state of the game in this country. He may be Palace scum but you have to respect him.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That article raised some good points.

My view of Jordan is that he is a businessman trying to apply business rules to the world of football. However, as Alan Sugar found out, these rules are doomed to failure.

He lacks the good broad-minded sense not to let things get personal when it comes to managers and players. He could learn a lot from David Sheepshanks of Ipswich, a club Palace have had much in common with in the Premiership era.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here