Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Simon Jordan (failed football chairman) vs Robbie Lyle (Arsenal Fan TV)

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The guys that run AFTV must know the majority of their audience are rivals fans watching to laugh at them. Obviously it is a money spinner for them but why would anyone want to be interviewed for it just so others can laugh at them? No one has ever watched and thought "my this fellow has such a well thought out argument, he is certainly an erudite chap". Instead we all laugh at them throwing their toys out of the pram when they lose.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Unpopular view. I really enjoy listening to Simon Jordon. Not so much that Arsenal dinlow.

I also struggle with this viewpoint.

He often comes across quite well whenever I hear him on Talksport.

I want to dislike him for obvious reasons, but even listening to that I was agreeing with him far more than the AFTV guy.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I cringed at the very end when that Robbie guy asked Simon Jordan whether he wanted to go to an Arsenal or England game with him :mad:

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
There must be a bit of history as one of the AFTV 'guests' had a pop about 'the bloke dipped in Doritos' after the Albion loss.

I quite like them both.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Simon Jordan has a point. There is a toxicity attached to these Fan TV's. Especially Arsenal's.

I remember when I really like Arsenal fans, they sort of had this forgiving, underdog attitude back when United collected all the "I identify with winners but am really a loser in every possible way" people.

Not sure exactly when the Arsenal fans turned even more shit than their club. Sometime around that move from Highbury, probably.

Ice Man

Jan 5, 2006
Quite staggering to see people agreeing with Simon Jordan here. His argument is that his perception of the channel is that it puts out toxic and negative content which harms the reputation of the football club. He even suggested that it should be shut down because he doesn't like it. It's a lie to say it only puts out negative content, and it's disgraceful for Simon to claim that people who pay their money to follow their team week in week out are not real fans of their club just because they have strong opinions. Most clubs have these fan channels, they're not creations of negative energy, rather it's the result of the growth of online media. These fan channels were inevitable, the only reason Arsenal Fan TV gained particular notoriety was because fans of OTHER clubs were viewing the meltdowns these "interesting characters" were having after every defeat. Arsenal being a worldwide known club is obviously a key element too, as no one would care about watching, say, Rochdale fans losing their minds after each defeat.

Simon also shows a real lack of self awareness, perhaps deliberately, when claiming he is "not controversial". Which is interesting, because I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be there in the first place otherwise, and certainly this "must see, heated" argument today wouldn't be popping up everywhere. Online media is growing and negative stuff gets more attention because, psychologically, humans are more interested in that rather than the positive stuff, unfortunately.

I can understand why people don't like it, it's not a good representation of football fans when they're effin and blinding after a defeat. But do any of you watch it after they win? Of course not, so you don't see the other side of it. It's not pretending to be a representative of positivity for the football club anyway, it's just giving (some) fans a voice. North Stand Chat gives fans a voice in a different way, and you can like it or lump it.

Marlton and Hove Albion

Oct 11, 2018
Sarasota FL
I get the "pleasure" of listening to TalkSport on my morning commute - yes we get it even in NJ - and I couldn't help but laugh when SJ used the word "circumnavigate" when the correct word was "circumvent". What a self important and not fully erudite plum he is. However, on a scale of 1-10, he is an 11 compared to some of the genuis ex-footballers they regularly feature. As for AFTV - comedic brilliance, if you watch it for what it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here