Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Simon Hooper

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What was RDZ’s crime, encroaching?
No, mouthing off about a dubious handball (on a par with the one given against Dunk, which we unanimously decided was never a handball)

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Strangely not the sort of match where the official was involved that much.

He reffed it fine, as far as I can tell

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thought he was decent today tbf -
And I started this thread about the biased prick… 🤣

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Not sure why we didn't get a penalty for handball in the second half near the end.
From the shot by Gross? Straight at him, arm in front of his chest - not unnatural and probably couldn't move it out of the way. But that was my take - they didn't really show any replays.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
He was fine, but the poor fella isn't fit enough to keep up with play which I think is why he ends up giving most 50/50s. His whole head was bright red after a few minutes. Think both sides got their fair share of those borderline decisions though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Thought he was unusually inoffensive today. Fair play.

amazed at the other posters suggesting he ’booked Welbeck for nothing’. That was a nailed on yellow, that we’d all have been fuming if it went unpunishe, had it been the other way round 🤷‍♂️

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thought he was unusually inoffensive today. Fair play.

amazed at the other posters suggesting he ’booked Welbeck for nothing’. That was a nailed on yellow, that we’d all have been fuming if it went unpunishe, had it been the other way round 🤷‍♂️
Thought he was poor, but agree Welbeck decision was spot on.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Definitely encroachment. Hooper gave that signal as he booked him.
Yeah, an utterly bizarre reason for a booking in the grand scheme of things. I don’t think you’ll see that in any other PL game.

That aside, Hooper was very average today, mainly because there wasn’t a huge amount to do. He’s far too inconsistent to progress further than his current level. Thought it was very funny he decided to implement the foul throw rule early on, then disregard a number of poor attempts later in the game (one in particular was appalling).

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Had a good game, controlled it generally very well. No controversial decisions, barely noticed him. Not sure what else the bloke can do really.

I agree the general standard of refereeing is not what it should be, but he was absolutely fine today.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
From the shot by Gross? Straight at him, arm in front of his chest - not unnatural and probably couldn't move it out of the way. But that was my take - they didn't really show any replays.
Yeah didn't see why replay's at all which is very odd.

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
That’s what I saw.

Arteta infamously has encroached on many occasions. I hope refs/4th officials are equally thorough.
Top-10-Best-Baby-Playpens-in-2020-Reviews--2815603557.jpg

This is what Arteta needs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here