Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simon Cox

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
If we sign anyone on or after Thursday 16th Feb, they would be available for the playoff final ( 93 day maximum 'emergency' loan length ).

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
If this were to happen, I would cry with joy, but it will also make me think would CMS place in the team not be guaranteed no more, as I hate to say it but the pass few games when CMS has been taken off we have looked a better team upfront.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why does this rumour mean everyone is posting re CMS?! We have Vokes yes but surely CMS / Cox up top would be the main pairing with Vokes as a different option to come on?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
We wont loan a striker it will be a central midlfielder.

Absolutely no chance of CMS being rested or left out see the Argus, it woud seem Gus knows what he is doing :)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The loser in this scenario will be Barnesy

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Why does this rumour mean everyone is posting re CMS?! We have Vokes yes but surely CMS / Cox up top would be the main pairing with Vokes as a different option to come on?

I agree, Gus will want to make CMS successful. Therefore he'll try to make things work around him.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I'd love it but I'm not sure it'll come off.

As for CMS, Gus has made it very clear he's the main man and is suffering from an ongoing lack of through balls... It will become increasingly more difficult for CMS though if the Vokes partnership doesn't work

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
The loser in this scenario will be Barnesy

Possibly but he adds the defensive aspect which neither Cox, nor Vokes offer when asked to switch out to the wing. Will Gus sacrifice a hard-working, productive and Brighton-owned player to shoe-horn a new loan signing in?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
CMS isn't banging them in at the moment but he's contributing loads to the side, it isn't all about goals. If we sign Cox, it won't affect CMS' or Barnes place in the side in my opinion. Barnes is basically a midfielder now anyway. If we pulled it off I could see us started CMS/Cox with Stokes coming on as and when.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here