Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simon Cowell earned £ 61 000 000 in the last year. Does he deserve it ?

Does Simon Cowell deserve to earn £ 61 000 000 a year ?

• Yes - He is the architect of his own success

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • Not sure - Fence

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • No - it is obscene

Votes: 21 44.7%
  • Another option - State

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
What's that go to do with it?

He "earns" that money by his business activity. It has nothing to do with whether he deserves it or the situation others find themselves in.

Personally I just think it is wrong, he is nowhere near the worst either. When one man is allowed to have fifty billion+ then there is something seriously wrong somewhere. I dont know the answer either I just think it is wrong

'Allowed to have'? How does that work,
89101.jpg

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
'Allowed to have'? How does that work,

Well I will put it another way, I would not be allowed to drive without road tax, smoke a bit of weed, watch tv without a license....you should get my drift by now. But I would be allowed to have 50 billion while children are starving in the world.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Well I will put it another way, I would not be allowed to drive without road tax, smoke a bit of weed, watch tv without a license....you should get my drift by now. But I would be allowed to have 50 billion while children are starving in the world.

So in the case of Simon Cowell when he got to a certain level of success people would by law refuse to buy his products or he would not be allowed to watch anymore shows? As I said before he is not forcing anyone to buy the tripe he sells but legally he is allowed to offer it

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Simon Cowell is a glowing testament to the stupidity and poor taste of the public at large. He deserves every penny he earns, every pap photo, every tabloid headline and every barb handed him by intelligent writers. If you don't like it don't give him publicity and don't watch his shite.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
So in the case of Simon Cowell when he got to a certain level of success people would by law refuse to buy his products or he would not be allowed to watch anymore shows? As I said before he is not forcing anyone to buy the tripe he sells but legally he is allowed to offer it

I really do not know to be honest, as I said I do not know the answers. Maybe a rate of tax that goes as high as 90% on obscene amounts of money. I really do not know, I do not know much about the world of high finance but I do know when something is wrong

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
why is it obscene? what amount does he deserve?

and if you had a cap, what incentive to do more, to create more to build anything bigger or better? didnt they try it somewhere, how did it work out?

What a delightful world we live in where people think the only incentive to do more is to earn more for yourself. Jeez.

Perhaps he could think, the more I earn, the more I can give to charity. Just a thought.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What a delightful world we live in where people think the only incentive to do more is to earn more for yourself. Jeez.

just realisitic. of course theres more to creating wealth than just earning more for yourself, as you point out prehaps to give to charity or create jobs, build up companies and industries. still need to earn the money to do all that, a cap is placing a limitation, preventing those aspirations. the better. you *could* put all the effort and creativtly in and then just give it to the government to allocate for you, they are supposed to be good at that, right?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here