Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Simon Adingra's second goal

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
He was loving that sprint to the back post, and positively licking his lips at the easy tap-in that Estupinan's run and inviting cross had given him.

And then Evan bloody Ferguson appeared on the scene.

He briefly looked gutted, bless him, before trotting over to join the celebrations.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Look at his face as Ferguson wheels away

Nothing wrong with wanting to score.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-08-14-02-06-16-50_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-08-14-02-06-16-50_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg
    931 KB · Views: 550

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I noticed his disappointment, he was unable to stop his body language for a brief moment as it registered that his goalscoring moment would remain unrequited.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
As I was cutting the grass yesterday I thought it probably isn’t a bad shout to say either adingra, pedro, or Ferguson will get a goal in every single match we play - every single one, not a single 0 from us this season \o/

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
As the marvellous Estupinan was galloping forward for this goal, I glanced up, saw Adringa free, and shouted "back post!" (like he could hear me in WSU), I looked back at Pervis again and when he played the ball in I saw very surprised to see it wasn't Adingra, but Ferguson who'd somehow made up the ground.

Boy, that Evan lad is hungry for goals

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
2 years ago everyone would have been staring at that ball from 20 yards away. So refreshing to have 2 on the scene who can score the easy tap in.
Oh I don't know.

Maupay or Connolly might have got there.

They'd have missed the target though.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Now the Caicedo stuff is over and we can focus on the football....
I'm super excited about this kid.
He has that thing. That rare thing. Ferguson has it too. He just scores goals.
For many players it's just not that easy.
But you know with him, he'll be in the right place.
It's no coincidence Ferguson took the ball off his toes for the fourth goal and no coincidence they both scored.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Love the fact we had 2 players desperate to score. Ferguson just smells goals - he has the right characteristics to make it a long way in his career.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
If Ferguson hadn't put it away, Adingra would have got it anyway. Both had lost their markers and both were in a position to score.

That's what we want - forwards lining up to score. And the stats show 27 shots, with 12 on target. As others have said, it could have been 6 or 7.

el punal

If Ferguson hadn't put it away, Adingra would have got it anyway. Both had lost their markers and both were in a position to score.

That's what we want - forwards lining up to score. And the stats show 27 shots, with 12 on target. As others have said, it could have been 6 or 7.
This reminds me a bit of the 1970s cricket ditty about the Aussies mauling England :

Ashes to ashes,

Dust to dust,

If Thomson doesn’t get ya

Lillee must!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

And we didn't play as well as we know we can by any means (esp first half). Although Luton were so naive

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Muzza, who would be on the edge of the centre circle carefully jogging towards the box….
He'd be heading back towards our half after spending the previous 26 seconds offside.

I absolutely loved him but I'll never forget him turning around when completely through on goal. Very aware of his own limitations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here