Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Simon Adingra - 20 year old Ivory Coast forward - Signed 24/06/2022

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
I had Gross, Gilmour and Adingra in that order. Gross, even in the 94th minute was in the number 10 position pressing high to win the ball back. He‘s a machine. Nobody ever man marks him, as teams tend to man mark the person with pace and finishing. Pascal is the master at taking advantage of this. The stats on his game involvement today are record breaking, phenomenal.

I agree with every you say about Gross - I don’t think anyone can question his qualities and he is undoubtedly our best all round player (imo!) but that’s different for me than recognising a transient MOTM accolade. I said a few weeks back that Gross is good enough to be MOTM just about every time he plays and his performance yesterday was no different- he is consistently good in an undramatic and unselfish way and his best work is often off the ball - because of that he gets underrated - I said much the same of Gilmour too last week - some of his playing now is stunningly good..

However, when a player stands out in the field in a way he doesn’t normally as having had an impact on a particular match’s outcome for that day, (and not just scoring goals as said above) for me, they earn MOTD nomination. The work Adingra was putting into the top right corner was consistently top notch yesterday in preventing Sheffield from forming a tight central block. Gross always impacts positively on our performance from match to match - he should be our Player‘s Player and fans Player of the Season not lauded just for one day - one can’t award MOTM to the best player in the squad each week simply because he is the best player in the squad each week or has the best stats in the EPL 🙂

I know weird reasoning …but yes … he spanked it yesterday and is getting better and better. Adingra, Gross and Gilmour were key drivers of play but Adingra stood out for me.

Other than that, totally agree with the general assessment and sentiments of Kevin Parvizi

Just as an aside - I was not at the match so dependent on whatever field of view Sky Sports chose to show me - which invariably means focussing on the ball in possession for a the few seconds it is with each player, perhaps if I’d been at the match, I would have had a different ’assessment.

Posted on another thread ……love this from the press review....

Finally, a nod to our number 13 from Kevin Parvizi of website The Trivela Effect, “There are so many talented players on Brighton, but nobody stands out more than veteran playmaker Pascal Gross, who had a performance that had to be seen to be believed against Sheffield,” he wrote.

“On paper, it may look like Gross had just the one assist, but this was legitimately one of the best single-game performances of any player in European football this season – if not THE best.

“Look at the numbers. Gross had eight key passes and nine accurate crosses, completing an absolutely absurd 97 per cent of his passes on a total of 113 passing attempts. That is a historically great passing day.

“For a playmaker to be that accurate and still create such a volume of chances is extraordinary, and it speaks to all of Gross's traits that have made him one of the best players in his role in Europe over the years, whether in Germany or England. Take a bow for this one, Mr. Gross.”
Whilst personally i 100% agree with all three of you seeing your comments has inspired me to recount a tale from personal observation at the Luton match.
Standing close to me were two of our younger "supporters"(twenty-ish) and directly in front of them a chap and his mate probably late sixties. Well after our bad start the two lads started criticising one member of the team after another but in particular one person they kept coming back to ........Pascal Gross! I could see the older fans in front were not happy as one of them was shaking his head and tutting but he must have been biting his tongue.
Early in the second half one of the youngsters turned too his mate and said this "De Zerbi must be a shit manager to keep picking a shit player like Gross every week"!!!!!! Well that was it, the old boy could stand it no longer and turned round to give the pair of them both barrels at loud volume stating that he had put up with this nonsense long enough and would not put up with them having a pop at the man who had got us into Europe. To which one of them said " but what does Gross do?" whereupon the old boy's mate who was more even tempered backed his pal up with a good explanation of the assist king.
Several bystanders murmured in agreement and the lads must have read the room as they fell pretty much silent till they left with about 10 minutes to go.
So it just goes to show how funny people can be and something we see as obvious can be denied by our fellow fans.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What have we done to the poor lad. Came back winning AFCON, young player of the tournament and he looks devoid of any confidence or ability to take on and beat his man.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
He's a young winger, out of form and is only playing because of injuries. Out of position today too although that doesn't excuse how shit he was on Wednesday

Jimmy Grimble

What have we done to the poor lad. Came back winning AFCON, young player of the tournament and he looks devoid of any confidence or ability to take on and beat his man.
Was he any good against decent opposition before he went to AFCON?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Seems uncertain and continually takes wrong decisions. Lacking confidence so plays safe and doesn't take players on.
In the absence of Mitoma we need him to get behind teams and he is failing to do this. Very frustrating as there is a really decent player there waiting to get out.

Exilegull

Mar 14, 2024
Desperately needs to rest before he breaks honestly what is the reason not to let Barco or someone have a go for a game or two

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He was better yesterday, especially first half. But he's still our third choice winger -- fourth if you include Julio as a wide/winger option -- and when you have to carry that role for c100 minutes every game, then levels will drop.
Still an exciting talent, and I expect that the experience of playing so much this season will serve him well in future seasons.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Suffering from the general malaise in the squad as is Fergie! Unfortunately this is down to the current attitude of RDZ. The whole squad is unrecognisable from 6 months ago!
You are blaming everyone else apart from the people that could have strengthened the squad. We heard RDZ to compete I need 3-4 players in January the club went a different way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here