Simieon jackson.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

james1971

Apr 17, 2009
portslade
Don't know if i've spelt it right but heard someone on bbc sussex today and said would be a good aquasition to the squad. Thoughts anyone.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Their relegation today probably dropped the price a little bit, and im sure he'll jump at the oppurtunity to stay in league 1. Wouldnt be surprised if we made an offer, he's a good player, and they never played to his strengths away from home. Saying that, Southampton will probably go and sign him up now.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Don't know if i've spelt it right but heard someone on bbc sussex today and said would be a good aquasition to the squad. Thoughts anyone.

Not sure how good an aquasition he'd be. He's no water carrier that's for sure, but then again what striker is ? :wink:

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Scores a fair few spectacular goals but also lots of his goals are from the penalty spot. Remind you of another Albion striker that has just left Queen of the South?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think he'd be an excellent signing. A young striker, who has scored a bundle of goals in a poor side.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
we need a striker who is mustard in the 6 yd box not one who scores spectacular goals as we already have that. He is definitely worth considering but we do not want to fund the rebuild pf Priestfield again for them

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't get this Jackson luv-in.
TB has said he want's top 2, which is basically saying he wants us to be a championship side, certainly in key areas.

The next striker (and goalie) to sign for us will have a serious amount of pedigree, not players from the 3rd, or now 4th division.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I don't get this Jackson luv-in.
TB has said he want's top 2, which is basically saying he wants us to be a championship side, certainly in key areas.

The next striker (and goalie) to sign for us will have a serious amount of pedigree, not players from the 3rd, or now 4th division.

So you dismiss him as a player from the 4th division, despite him scoring bundles in this division in a team that could barely cross the halfway line away from home?

He's scored goals at this level, is young enough to still be improving, and will presumably be even better when surrounded by even better players creating better chances for him. Southampton seemed to do okay buying strikers from this division, Brizzie Rovers and Southend.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So you dismiss him as a player from the 4th division, despite him scoring bundles in this division in a team that could barely cross the halfway line away from home?

He's scored goals at this level, is young enough to still be improving, and will presumably be even better when surrounded by even better players creating better chances for him. Southampton seemed to do okay buying strikers from this division, Brizzie Rovers and Southend.
I'm not dismissing him, out of hand.
I just feel for those 2 key signing Gus will be looking up, instead of down.
TB can't say what he did without backing up with hard cash, as we know.
I can't see Gus taking a 'punt' for either end of the teams spine, if he doesn't have to, it's his reputation, too.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Would be a good signing a 83 goals in 189 starts at the age of 23 is pretty good.

But as stated Poyet seem to be looking at players that have allready played at Championship standard. Is Jackson Championship standard or can he grow to that standard?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Would be a good signing a 83 goals in 189 starts at the age of 23 is pretty good.

But as stated Poyet seem to be looking at players that have allready played at Championship standard. Is Jackson Championship standard or can he grow to that standard?

Certainly has the potential, as you've said has a 1 in 2 record pretty much at the age of 23, and thats over 189 games, not a one season wonder. He's been looked at by a lot of Championship clubs, and the odd premiership side too, even remember him having a trial at Man Utd a while back.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I thought he'd been heavilly linked to a number of Champ sides and even couple Prem teams at Xmas but Gills decided rather than cash in, they needed him to stay up. Well that didn't work but he scores lots at this level, would be better alongside a target man and with better players, and now should be available for a sensible fee. Sign him up :thumbsup:

Watched a few of their games this year as the mrs's brother is a fan :facepalm: and at 14/15 still bit young to go (and travel) alone aparently. Other than Curtis Weston and Dennis Oli, he's the only div1 talent they had really imho.

Could see him like Murray doing a job in the Championship but not as the main 25 goal a year guy at that level, certainly in div1 though! They'd be a nice partnership to get us up and then act as the 2nd and 3rd strikers splitting time alongside a top notch striker (who wouldn't drop down this year) at Falmer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports