Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sima

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
At 27 you're buying proven quality. That's worth more than potential.

27 is around when purchase price peaks, top clubs are buying players at that age who can slot straight in and hit the ground running. You get 3-4 years of that player at their very best for that price.

Long player contracts are there to protect the selling club, it certainly played a role with Caicedo, and he wanted to go.
At 27 he’s still a kid; some Japanese players can go on into their 40s & 50s playing.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Many fans felt £50m out of pocket there. For whatever reason (fatigue, boredom) Mitoma is blowing cold a bit more this season. Doesn't look like £50-70m of player to me.
I think it's simpler than that. Teams now know he's a danger man and Estupinan is injured. On Saturday, I counted at least 3 occasions where Burnley had FOUR men on him. Four. On. One.

That's how tactics work though: find a new way to win, opposition try and neutralise it, rinse and repeat. It's up to RDZ to work out how to get the Mitoma back to where he was. Getting Pervis back is critical too though. That lack of an overlapping fullback removes a huge obstacle in a defender's mind. Milner ain't going past him on the overlap 12 times a match.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think it's simpler than that. Teams now know he's a danger man and Estupinan is injured. On Saturday, I counted at least 3 occasions where Burnley had FOUR men on him. Four. On. One.

That's how tactics work though: find a new way to win, opposition try and neutralise it, rinse and repeat. It's up to RDZ to work out how to get the Mitoma back to where he was. Getting Pervis back is critical too though. That lack of an overlapping fullback removes a huge obstacle in a defender's mind. Milner ain't going past him on the overlap 12 times a match.
Agreed - while Mitoma is capable of a bit of magic like we did see. Going Gross-Mitoma-Gross-Mitoma for the 10th time on Saturday was a bit predictable.

Adingra wasn’t offering much of a threat which was a shame.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Amid all the scenes at our win, it's easy to forget that Sima opened the scoring for Rangers in their impressive 3-2 win away at Real Betis. This means they topped Group C and are straight into the round of 16 with us.

Sorry if this question is fixtures, but does anyone know if he's allowed to play against us? I'm guessing (hoping) not, but has there been any official confirmation?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I'm taking that about as seriously as I took Colwill wanting to stay with us, or Ben White wanting to stay with Leeds.
This, if we want him back the Premiership wins hands down over the two team league north of the border If you want to test yourself and further your career.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Amid all the scenes at our win, it's easy to forget that Sima opened the scoring for Rangers in their impressive 3-2 win away at Real Betis. This means they topped Group C and are straight into the round of 16 with us.

Sorry if this question is fixtures, but does anyone know if he's allowed to play against us? I'm guessing (hoping) not, but has there been any official confirmation?
Think as he's playing in a different league we have no say in it. Think keeper Chelsea loaned out who played against them in Europe, then, think it was Madrid who loaned a player to Munich and scored to knock them out.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Think as he's playing in a different league we have no say in it. Think keeper Chelsea loaned out who played against them in Europe, then, think it was Madrid who loaned a player to Munich and scored to knock them out.
I guess you're thinking of Philip Coutinho - he was on loan at Bayern from Barcelona, and scored two against them. I wouldn't really say that he 'knocked them out' mind - his goals were Bayern's SEVENTH and EIGHTH of the game!

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
A Rangers fan I spoke with this morning said they believe he's eligible, if it were to happen. Apparently the Scots don't have a blanket rule against playing against your parent club and so it comes down to the terms of the loan.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I guess you're thinking of Philip Coutinho - he was on loan at Bayern from Barcelona, and scored two against them. I wouldn't really say that he 'knocked them out' mind - his goals were Bayern's SEVENTH and EIGHTH of the game!

Not saying this has any bearing on Sima, but just reminded me João Felix also recently scored a winner for Barcelona against Atletico, while on loan from Atletico. His understated celebration went down well with the Atleti fans :lolol:

2904.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not saying this has any bearing on Sima, but just reminded me João Felix also recently scored a winner for Barcelona against Atletico, while on loan from Atletico. His understated celebration went down well with the Atleti fans :lolol:

2904.jpg
I watched that game. He'd said something disparaging in the media ahead of the game, and Atleti were kicking lumps out of him all game. Great moment when he scored.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Of course we have, potentially at least - it depends what we put in the loan agreement.

According to April 2023 article UEFA ruled that this was not permitted so we have no say in it.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
i would say we should recall him in January but guess he’s off to the AFCON.
Even with his exploits at Rangers he’s made the Senegal senior squad once since mid 2021. He was an unused sub in a friendly against Cameroon in October this year. He wasn’t called up for the November World Cup qualifiers. Chances of making the squad look pretty slim at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here