Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sima

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I reckon that's what will happen. Mitouma sold for circa £85-100m. Sima back in the fold and a back to full fitness Solly.

TNBA

TTF
I would be surprised if we sold Mitoma for anything more than £35m. 27 next season.

How much did we get for Trossard? I don’t think we could push much more than that, regardless of new contract. Any idea of release clauses?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I would be surprised if we sold Mitoma for anything more than £35m. 27 next season.
Take a look at Man Utd and Chelsea’s signings of recent years. Then look at their league positions. They’ll both be desperate come the summer.

If those c***s come sniffing, we’ll get well over £50m for the lad. They always get their man and they mostly pay way over the market rate.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc

How much did we get for Trossard? I don’t think we could push much more than that, regardless of new contract. Any idea of release clauses?
Long contract, still very high profile, brings a lot of status in emerging Asian markets.

And you act like 27 is old, that's prime age. Clubs are getting a proven performer coming into their peak.

£70m at least.

Trossard was near the end of his contract and literally forcing his way out.

Dec 29, 2011
Long contract, still very high profile, brings a lot of status in emerging Asian markets.

And you act like 27 is old, that's prime age. Clubs are getting a proven performer coming into their peak.

£70m at least.

27 seems old to us because most of our players are 19-22. 27 is a young player for most of the normal clubs.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

I thought Mitoma signed a new contract

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

Why regardless of contract? Signing players up to longer contracts is a big factor in protecting their financial value to the club.

Mitoma is 2.5 years younger than Trossard, just signed a new contract, and not trying to push himself out of the club. Trossard was running down his contract, and causing a stink within the club. We will definitely be aiming to get quite a bit more cash for Mitoma than we did Trossard if we were to sell in the summer.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

£70m at least.

The transfer focus of the tradtional top 4 is also different to us.

We buy to Improve and sell at profit to plug the huge financial chasm between us and top 4. And when we sell is our main focus, which isn't always about onfield sccess but maximising returns.

They often buy something more proven to give them insta success. Thyre main focus is on buying, despite costs, to give them what they're missing..... selling and profit/loss is less of a consideration/art as it is for us.

Mitoma at 27 is a player Brighton would never buy if he was performing as well and valued similarly for say Brentford.

But he is a player a Man U would buy for big money chasing success.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Would he be better value than £80m Sancho (unproven in the Premier League) for the same price?

I’m not sure you’d find any Utd fan who would not do an immediate swap.
Swap? I'm sure they would. But pay £80M for Mitoma? Probably not.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
How can anyone be all that impressed with someone scoring a few in that pub league?
He’s the top scorer in that pub league though. The league might well offer up a lot of goal scoring opportunities, but he’s putting them away more regularly than anyone else - and there ARE some good players amongst them.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
He’s the top scorer in that pub league though. The league might well offer up a lot of goal scoring opportunities, but he’s putting them away more regularly than anyone else - and there ARE some good players amongst them.
So did Odsonne Edouard, for whom Palace overpaid in fee and wages, and he's looked terrible in the Premier League. Mind you, he's only got Palace players and coaches helping him out, so who knows? As Sima is our player anyway, we need RDZ to get a good look at him before he goes anywhere.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
So did Odsonne Edouard, for whom Palace overpaid in fee and wages, and he's looked terrible in the Premier League. Mind you, he's only got Palace players and coaches helping him out, so who knows? As Sima is our player anyway, we need RDZ to get a good look at him before he goes anywhere.
Certainly believe the club buy these rough diamonds with the intent to help them become Albion first team.

Doesn't always work out like Zeqiri, but Sima is doing all that's asked of him.

Our development team thought Rangers was a good move for him, hes gone there, he's doing really well there and banging them in.

It's all positive for Blooms investment in him.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Welbeck is due back in a couple of weeks so even if we did recall him, he'd be fourth or fifth choice striker and would get very limited minutes if at all.
Duffus and O Mahony wouldn't have had opportunities on the bench . The best thing for him and us (and perhaps the price with which we sell him ) is playing regularly for Rangers and scoring for them. (SEE ALSO UNDAV)
Except Danny will get injured again. And Fergie looks knackered. Undav going a dreadful mistake. Otherwise I agree a 100%

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.

£70m at least.

At 27 a buyer is longer buying potential. Agree with the other financial benefits / asian markets etc but I just can't see it being a whopper. Plus contracts kinda mean nothing these days if a player wants to go. Double plus he might need to put in a few good performances again soon. Who am I to say though? It's just a feeling.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Don’t let your facts get in the way of the myths about the likes of Welbeck that football fans have 🤣
Hardly a myth. He has missed a lot of games in his career

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here