Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sima

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Rangers are reported to be ready to open talks about a club-record deal for Sima. Their current record is £12m for Tore Andre Flo.

Should we sell for £15m-£20m or has he done enough to earn a place in our squad for next season?

Dec 29, 2011
Rangers are reported to be ready to open talks about a club-record deal for Sima. Their current record is £12m for Tore Andre Flo.

Should we sell for £15m-£20m or has he done enough to earn a place in our squad for next season?
To get our money back would be fantastic. Put a sell on clause in there, even better.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Looks a fair way off a top 6 PL team striker - has a knack of scoring goals (like Undav) but all around play looks fairly poor

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
To get our money back would be fantastic. Put a sell on clause in there, even better.
It would only take about £7M to get our money back. Matching the Tore Andre Flo - with a decent sell-on clause - would represent a decent profit. If Rangers are willing to pay more - take it!
I don't think he's likely to make it here, not in a de Zerbi team anyway. In one way he's a bit like Undav; not very good at most aspects of football, except in the penalty area scoring goals.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I can’t see him getting much game time in a squad containing Pedro, Ferguson and Wellbeck - assuming all 3 will still be with us next year - so would make sense to do a permanent deal with someone.

Jimmy Grimble

Nailed on to score against us in the Europa League.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Looks a fair way off a top 6 PL team striker - has a knack of scoring goals (like Undav) but all around play looks fairly poor
This.

RDZ needs his strikers to have a seriously impressive all round game. Look at Pedro and Welbeck - he is surely nowhere near them.

When you think about a sale, we could get our money back AND cover the £7.85m for Barco this month.

Mind blown!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This.

RDZ needs his strikers to have a seriously impressive all round game. Look at Pedro and Welbeck - he is surely nowhere near them.

When you think about a sale, we could get our money back AND cover the £7.85m for Barco this month.

Mind blown!
I believe we have an 18m euro fee agreed with Stuttgart for Undav if they qualify for Europe, which they’re looking well placed for at the moment.

So that’s about 27m for 2 players that aren’t even in our squad this year!

Dec 29, 2011
Maybe @El Presidente can answer (he's probably too busy these days frolicking around on Football Weekly), but do clubs have to pay capital gains tax, or VAT on player sales? For example Cucurella may have been €45m profit on paper, but do we lose a % of that to tax?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I believe we have an 18m euro fee agreed with Stuttgart for Undav if they qualify for Europe, which they’re looking well placed for at the moment.

Annoying about Undav as that’s a bargain for someone with his goals-to-minutes ratio in the Bundesliga. However, whilst his shooting was elite towards the end of last season, I never thought his all round was quite up to standard.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

This week I was talking FFP with my armchair Arsenal colleague.
I ended that with 'anyway it's got fook all to do with us cos we're the only club showing a current profit'.
For the bazillionth time he ended our footie chat with:-

'You lot (us fans not Mr Bloom) just love selling your players'.
'Yes, money, money, money and shiny new players too'.

Oh and he's very begrudgingly finally accepted I was 100% right about The Tross.
Something I'm going to double down on by saying he'll Top 3 April's GotM competition, which will blow his tiny mind. :lolol:

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
If we're offered £12m, I reckon that's excellent business for someone who has never played for us, nor looks suited to a RdZ team. Get a sell on in there and I'd snap their hands off.

But I don't believe it. There's no money like that available up in the monkey tennis league.

Although it's perfectly feasible that someone might pay that amount or more if he keeps scoring. Lower PL teams are always bemoaning their lack of a goalscorer.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This week I was talking FFP with my armchair Arsenal colleague.
I ended that with 'anyway it's got fook all to do with us cos we're the only club showing a current profit'.
For the bazillionth time he ended our footie chat with:-

'You lot (us fans not Mr Bloom) just love selling your players'.
'Yes, money, money, money and shiny new players too'.

Oh and he's very begrudgingly finally accepted I was 100% right about The Tross.
Something I'm going to double down on by saying he'll Top 3 April's GotM competition, which will blow his tiny mind. :lolol:
Was the assertion about Tross that he was amazing during BST but shit when the clocks went to GMT?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Was the assertion about Tross that he was amazing during BST but shit when the clocks went to GMT?
Yep coupled with 'when you're just about ready to give up, he'll put in a performance that'll ALMOST make you forget the previous 8 matches'.

The Tross started there as Mr Assist, I refused to back down as Armchair was telling me how wrong I was, what a bargain, we've done Bloom up a treat.

A couple of weeks ago he was telling me all that was wrong with The Tross, "you knew that a year ago" - "yeah you were right".

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

If we got an offer over £10M I reckon ŵe would sell. He is quick though, and still just 22, could be a Vardy type striker.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Crocked

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here