Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Sim only phone contracts

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Currently with EE - contract ends soon. Sim only contracts are around £20 plus with EE even for 24month and 5gb, but looking on compare websites it seems I could go to say O2 and get a 12month contract with 25gb data for £8. What's the catch, or are EE just stupidly expensive!?

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I’ve just switched to EE on a SIM-only deal. Went for EE as it’s the same as my wife's and makes some things easier. For £10 I get 10 or 12GB a month (can’t remember which) which is fine as I rarely exceed 5GB. I can ditch the arrangement whenever I want. I don’t like phone contracts so it suits me.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I’ve just switched to EE on a SIM-only deal. Went for EE as it’s the same as my wife's and makes some things easier. For £10 I get 10 or 12GB a month (can’t remember which) which is fine as I rarely exceed 5GB. I can ditch the arrangement whenever I want. I don’t like phone contracts so it suits me.

I guess that was through calling them then as certainly don't see that deal on the app!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I had Virgin at £8:20 a month for data and calls etc

O2 have bought them out so expecting it to go up at some time

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
With Three £7 per month incl. VAT.

4GB and unlimited calls/texts

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Last edited:

scooter1

How soon is now?
Yep, I moved to Lebara 4 or 5 months ago and it’s been fine. Was in India on business in November and roaming there was included in my package. And just got back from 10 days in the US and the add on was £20. I pay £6.95 a month for far more data than I can use and unlimited mins/texts. I think they use the Vodafone network

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Currently with EE - contract ends soon. Sim only contracts are around £20 plus with EE even for 24month and 5gb, but looking on compare websites it seems I could go to say O2 and get a 12month contract with 25gb data for £8. What's the catch, or are EE just stupidly expensive!?
If you're EE and want to stay on EE network with a lot more services for a lot less money, have a look at 1p mobile.

Piggy backs on EE, 5g as fast as EE, no contract sim only you'll get 25gb for a tenner p/m and the real biggie for me, is they still give roam like at home in europe Included, whereas EE try and rip you off with a daily charge to do so.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I guess that was through calling them then as certainly don't see that deal on the app!
Are we related? I'm also on EE contract that finished last week and Now for BB

I had unlimited calls and texts and 5gb data (adequate for me). I wanted to stick with EE as they do have the best UK coverage but found no deals for EE piggybackers on any of the comparison sites.

So I phoned EE customer services 150 and I said I'd seen comparable to what I was getting for £7. He asked me to hold while he spoke to his manager and came back with £8 per month. Sorted.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I'd been with Plusnet who have just been bought out by EE. They said I I had the option of continuing with EE and gave me a number to call, which I did. Maybe it was a special deal, I hadn’t thought about that.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
I joined talkmobile a few months ago. Uses Vodafone network. £7.65 for 30gb data - I'm an idiot for staying with Vodafone for so long tbf

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I pay £10 a month on a rolling contract free calls, texts, 16G on my work phone the unused data rolls over to.
That’s with 02 they give you freebies also like extra data or a couple of quid towards next months tenner.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I'm with ID mobile on a £9 a month sim only deal. Tbey are cheap but unreliable. Calls keep cutting off for no reason and their customer service is dire.

Not recommended at present - although they were fine up to a couple of months ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here