Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Signed up for Gold ticket scheme and tickets not allocated/payment rejected?

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I havent upgraded to gold but I purchased my season ticket seat yesterday and nothing has come out of my account or is on my purchase history on the ticket website. Im abroad at the moment. Help!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I havent upgraded to gold but I purchased my season ticket seat yesterday and nothing has come out of my account or is on my purchase history on the ticket website. Im abroad at the moment. Help!

Filter your dates on purchase history .

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Thanks for update Bozza. My situation is I signed up for gold membership for the play-offs, and received the email confirming this. But no money taken from my bank account and no email confirming purchase of ticket.

What's more, on checking 'My account' on the site it is prompting me to sign up again for gold membership to ensure my play-off ticket!

I think there seems to be a general problem with my account anyway as my purchase history doesn't seem to bear any relation to games I've bought tickets for...

I won't know whether I can go anyway until tonight (depends on work situation), so could be a blessing in disguise for me as might have ended up paying for a ticket when I can't actually go...

Stat Man

Tickle my fancy, fat man
Mar 3, 2009
Brighton
That's not the case...

- a very small number of Gold members will have had some kind of issue (variety of reasons: April expiry on cards, wrong e-mail, address stored, glitch on friends/family) - and these are being dealt with.

Thanks for that info. I hadn't connected the dots that my credit card I had used was registered to a different address to my season ticket, have updated season ticket details, and after eventually getting in the phone queue (rather than the error message), I spoke to someone and all is sorted after only ten minutes on hold.

A little warning, I had to pay the £1.50 booking fee per ticket, as I called them and it was classed as a new transaction, not sure what will happen if people wait for them to contact you.

Although this doesn't explain why my friend got an email saying payment had failed and I did not, as I signed us both up for the Gold membership, and received email confirmations, hopefully people who haven't received an email about the payment failure aren't just assuming all is okay, but then hopefully the club will be speaking to them soon.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Mine says "Printed"'in the purchase history. But I've also received an email saying that it's been uploaded to my smart card. Do I go by the email or what the ticketing site says (meaning I'll have to go and pick the ticket up)?

i had the same scenario, i double checked with club, i'm like that.....glad i did, the ticket had not been loaded to my smart card?!

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
I bet they're not all people with problems though. They're probably people who've thought "I can't be bothered to queue online, I know, I'll pop down to the shop and try and buy my ticket in person", despite the club asking everyone not to.

I suspect the "problems" are actually very few, and this is all just a few people panicking, and thus causing more problems by clogging the system up trying to check.

oh, i'm sure there were a few there trying it on, but the majority were all having problems i am afraid, i spoke to several of them, and overheard the many conversations with the staff walking up and down the queue and at the desk. when i spoke with the manager myself (whom i know) she expressed the fact it had been a nightmare and she was really struggling with the shear volume of issues.

i am not fear mongering, personally i would want to understand the truth of the situation, and i am glad i did, or i may have missed out through no fault of my own, and being one of the few who seemed sensible enough to take the clubs advice and signed up for gold.

i always try to be positive about the club, having had some great customer service over the years, but i will always be honest and realistic about things.

.....all that said, i do not believe the club will release anyones season ticket seats until they're confident they have got a handle on the issue, and they certainly don't make these mistakes intentionally.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
oh, i'm sure there were a few there trying it on, but the majority were all having problems i am afraid, i spoke to several of them, and overheard the many conversations with the staff walking up and down the queue and at the desk. when i spoke with the manager myself (whom i know) she expressed the fact it had been a nightmare and she was really struggling with the shear volume of issues.

i am not fear mongering, personally i would want to understand the truth of the situation, and i am glad i did, or i may have missed out through no fault of my own, and being one of the few who seemed sensible enough to take the clubs advice and signed up for gold.

i always try to be positive about the club, having had some great customer service over the years, but i will always be honest and realistic about things.

.....all that said, i do not believe the club will release anyones season ticket seats until they're confident they have got a handle on the issue, and they certainly don't make these mistakes intentionally.

True, but looking at the number of people who were worrying themselves earlier who are now posting things like "Just got my email!", I suspect it's nowhere near as bad as you fear.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
i had the same scenario, i double checked with club, i'm like that.....glad i did, the ticket had not been loaded to my smart card?!

Mine says printed. I presumed all gold membership members were loaded onto card. Should i phone them to check.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Mine says printed. I presumed all gold membership members were loaded onto card. Should i phone them to check.

No, if it says printed, it should be done. You'll only end up stuck queuing on the phone with all the others, each complaining about the length of the queue!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Disabled person in our party :(
Perhaps book online, then contact the club later for a refund. If you can't get through to the club, I don't see what other choice you have. Losing your seats is not an option.

Option 2 for disabled supporters phone wait time is currently about 30 minutes
Is that how long it took for you? I gave up waiting when I called.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014

i didn't take the risk; having been told it should say 'booked', i tried to call, but phones were down (not busy) when i tried calling, so i visited the club, and queued.

was told i'm sorry there has been an issue with a number of sth, but now we're aware we'll manually log in to the system and load the ticket to your card for you, problem solved.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
No, if it says printed, it should be done. You'll only end up stuck queuing on the phone with all the others, each complaining about the length of the queue!

Looking back at the palace game last season this also says printed and there was no trouble with that one on my card.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
More scaremongering about a ticket binfest, who would have thought ?

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
i've just logged straight on to the site without issue, no wait time at all now which is good, and my purchase history still says 'printed' I was wondering if it had changed to 'booked' since the club manually addressed my issue, but no change, and i know i am now sorted, so i would therefore suggest that 'printed' may not mean an issue. (i would love to understand the difference between printed & booked and why the need for it.) i say this in the hope of putting some peoples minds at rest, i do not want to worry anyone unnecessarily.

..........FYI i'd had money taken, loyalty points awarded and confirmation email, but still not seat

Last edited:

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Perhaps book online, then contact the club later for a refund. If you can't get through to the club, I don't see what other choice you have. Losing your seats is not an option.

Is that how long it took for you? I gave up waiting when I called.

I've booked online, but only for myself as my disabled sibling + father have had enough with this kerfuffle. Waiting in a queue of 20+ people (on an 0845 number) isn't worth it.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
When I joined the Gold scheme I got an email confirming I was joined up. I then later got an email asking why I'd left tickets unpaid in my basket, so I logged on to the site after a huge queue to get on. When I checked I couldn't see any evidence of a problem and it wasn't allowing me to sign up to the Gold scheme anymore, so I assumed I was signed and sorted.

I've today checked my bank statement but as yet nothing has been taken from my card, however I have had a confirmation email from the club saying that payment was taken and my ticket is uploaded to my card. Just to be sure I logged back on to the site to check my purchase history and it is all over the shop, there seems to be no logical order to it, which meant clicking through page after page until I found what I was looking for. As it turns out you can filter the results which would have been a lot simpler.

Anyway, the item is there in my purchase history, I have the confirmation email but no money has been taken and the ticket status says "printed" when it should have been loaded on to my card.

This thread has helped allay my fears somewhat but it's still a bit worrying.

Can I assume that the money WILL come out of my account and the club WILL NOT be selling my seat to anyone else? Can I also assume that my ticket is on the card as usual and I won't have to pick it up?

I'm not calling a premium rate number to be sat in a long queue waiting to have them check this for me. I have a confirmation email and I have the ticket in my purchase history. Surely this is enough to ensure my seat is safe, right?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here