Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Signed Albion football

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Have laid my hands on a wonderful little treat this weekend.

A signed Albion football from the 2000-2001 championship winning season. It took a little time to work out the exact year as the only autographs I could clearly make out were Danny Cullip, Charlie, Paul Brooker and Will Packham - yeah the last one is a real treat!!

The internet - in particular google images - aided in deciphering Micky Adams signature. Obviously the 2000-2001 squad included Bobby Z, though I am struggling to work out which is his.

Other members of the squad who appear on the ball, some you can work out, most not though, include Andy Crosby, Simon Morgan, Paul Watson, Paul Rogers and Harty.

Lovely find, eh! But my question is, what value does it have? Not that I'm gonna sell it, I may well loan it to the club for the museum if it's deemed worthwhile enough. Thoughts?

NB* Have finally found Bobby's autograph on the ball - I'm much happier now.

Last edited:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I have a 1985/86 real leather ball signed by the whole team,including Dean Saunders,Chris Hutchings,Danny Wilson,Eric Young...happy memories

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
But my question is, what value does it have? Not that I'm gonna sell it, I may well loan it to the club for the museum if it's deemed worthwhile enough. Thoughts?

Not to put a downer on it but I doubt it will have much value and the club museum definately won't want it. I have one of these (and 2 from other seasons) - they churn out dozens (if not hundreds) of these every year so they aren't that rare. Sorry!

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Not to put a downer on it but I doubt it will have much value and the club museum definately won't want it. I have one of these (and 2 from other seasons) - they churn out dozens (if not hundreds) of these every year so they aren't that rare. Sorry!

No worries. Have to say that I thought as much. Still, it's nice to have it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here